Major Boosts to the Irish Economy

The start of the 1998 Tour de France was worth £9.5m to the drug dealers of Ireland, with a direct injection of 15 vials of EPO into Richard Virenque’s arm resulting in a 23% boost to his red blood cell level.

T’would want to be with you and me paying for its sponsorship though AIB.

Bandage, aside from the exceptional boost that it makes to the cultural life of Ireland and indeed the wider world, how much woud the Wexford Opera Festival be worht to the economy? It surely falls into the major boost to the economy category?

I haven’t been able to locate exact numbers Fitzy. But, like you intimated, the boost goes beyond the economy. Its benefit to Ireland is incalculable.

Interesting that the Runt speaks in the past tense, proving that the excitement of the build up also brings a huge boom. Who knows what the boost to the Irish economy will be worth by the time the event actually takes place in September.

KIB man acting out the ‘thick Irish’ stereotype abroad must be worth millions to the tourism industry.

+1
I think really its value is incalculable, priceless in effect. We should not soil its reputation with questions of mere monetary value.

I think that might actually be a bit of a negative there totty.

People would travel far and abroad to meet such a primitive bunch of people.

I’m pretty sure that’s why the west coast of Ireland has such a hit with tourists. :smiley:

Big time, I impress on every Aussie that finds their way into the Cock and Bull the need to discover Ireland

How do you act out the Irish thing abroad yourself in your native UK?

Absolutely, the prestige of having this pantheon of high culture on your doorstep is beyond calculation. Your boys were way ahead of the curve when it came to culture tourism.

I don’t need to act it, mate.

I’m a true Irish patriot and I educate minds to reality.

I knew an educated man like yourself would see its worth beyond mere dollars and sense SS, the Jesuits have done well by you.

The festival is hardly surprising though, Wexford being the cultural hotbed that it is.

You’re a juvenile apologist for a sectarian murder machine, paedo sheltering and criminal enterprise in your own land Norn Iron. Thankfully there is very few like you now who would like to return to that 'reality".

You would hope that maturity might hit you at some stage and realise that the killing pizza delivery guys republicanism is the greatest crock of shit imaginable. You might figure out that there is more to life than hating your neighbours, spewing sectarian filth on the internet and devoting yourself to a British football team. Maybe you will take the lead of a fellow TFK Prod hater like manusboyle and emigrate to a land where your nationality and religion will be respected. Manchester or Birmingham he has ended up I think.

Wow, that’s a very presumptuous post.

I don’t think lies and idle gossip can take any attention away from the daily clampings you suffer here. I’ll tell you what we will do though, I will continue to inform people of the free state shame & support Ireland’s most successful football side. You can continue being a simpleton and giving us a great laugh at your own expense.

In the meantime, if you ever have anything worthwhile to contribute - I will let you know.

Anybody know how much National Fish and Chips day is worth to the economy?

• €10 million is sales (VAT etc)
  • €20 million in coronary care

But at least that money is still being circulated around the economy, unlike the blood in the blocked and hardened arteries of the fish and chip victims.

This fella is some boring cunt.

:lol: :lol: