Man City

Not looking good for them at the moment

Thaksin wanted on corruption charges back in Thailand with the League investigating. Rumours that Hughes is about to quit. Corluka and Ireland meant to be sold over his head etc.

That’s what you get for having an absolute head the ball in charge…

Thaks wont be going back to Thailand anytime soon.

Club could be in some mess if he pulls out.

Like I said, always interesting at Citeh.

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]Not looking good for them at the moment

Thaksin wanted on corruption charges back in Thailand with the League investigating. Rumours that Hughes is about to quit. Corluka and Ireland meant to be sold over his head etc.

That’s what you get for having an absolute head the ball in charge…[/quote]

As opposed to the ocean of calm in Liverpool’s boardroom last year? Suppose two head the ball’s are better than one…

Jaysus - some is quick on the wind-up today.

Yes Liverpool’s board room was a mess (never said it wasn’t) but this is a thread about Man City…

Dont ever get worried about Citeh, there’s always something going on over there.

Thaksin will be find once he doesnt get extradited or his funds frozen.

If, mind you…

[quote=“myboyblue”]Dont ever get worried about Citeh, there’s always something going on over there.

Thaksin will be find once he doesnt get extradited or his funds frozen.

If, mind you…[/quote]

Has he not had a fair share of them frozen already? Or would that just be the funds he had in Thialand and has billions more elsewhere?

“Frank sinatra” as he is known has not put any money in to the club ! his buys have been on the back of promises that the money would be released in due course. However it would appear he is about to dry hump the most loyal supported club in the world!!

Thai wanker put the cunt in prison with GLITTER and Ball Ox

[quote=“juniorrossie”]“Frank sinatra” as he is known has not put any money in to the club ! his buys have been on the back of promises that the money would be released in due course. However it would appear he is about to dry hump the most loyal supported club in the world!!

Thai wanker put the cunt in prison with GLITTER and Ball Ox[/quote]

City are fucked I’d say. Yer man is going to have 800 million frozen it seems and he wanted to sell those players to raise money for his legal bid to stop the freezing of said assets.

City in big trouble and I’d say Sparky Hughes is raging he went there. Thaksin must have told him some story to get him to join up. Sven knew to get out when the going was good.

I think Shinawatra had a wedge apart from the 800million though no?

I was surprised Hughes went there to be honest, too much indecision. Anywhere you see Sven running from you should give a wide berth to.

Chink cunt ! his wife has a cock under that frok for sure !!

Less of the racism please JR or we’ll have to sentence you to a term in Talking Balls. Did you have bad personal experiences with a Thai mail-order bride or something?

As for the goings on there, the executive chairman said it’s business-as-usual and the club isn’t affected by it. But how can it not be? All his assets are frozen and by fleeing bail he’s giving up the right to get them back. Ergo, he can’t use his cash and investments to fund the running of Manchester City and now they’re in limbo.

Or have I misread the situation?

[quote=“Bandage”]
Or have I misread the situation?[/quote]

I read that statement too and I think he meant that City could run without Thaksins money in the short term…that the day to day running of the club would be ok…

He quite possibly has a wedge apart from the 800 mill that he siphoned out of Thailand over the years but that money would be money for the bare necessities a man of his stature would need i.e living expenses for a former head of state, trust fund for kids etc etc…I’d say the 800 mill is the most of his disposable income gone up in smoke and with it City’s dreams also

Racism that ? i thought it was just fact !! consider myself slapped on the wrist then.

Yer man still is a cunt, and no haven’t had a bad experience with a mail-order bride i leave that to others …

Sinawatra has sold up…Lock, Stock and two smoking barrels.

New Owners : The Abu Dhabi Group…City back in the money!

What a beautiful Club…just came in here to post on this, you beat me to it.

It’s always interesting at Citeh.

Arabian business group complete Manchester City takeover

Manchester City has been taken over by the Abu Dhabi United Group for Development and Investment (ADUG), according to reports, with the new owners already setting out their vision of turning the club into the “biggest in the Premier League”.

The group have already set Mark Hughes the formidable task of finishing in the top four of the Premier League this season, and say they want to attract the world’s best footballers.

Reports on the Arabian Business website suggest a deal was struck late on Sunday night between Dr Thaksin Shinawatra, the club’s former owner, and ADUG.

ADUG will be represented on the new board by Dr Sulaiman Al Fahim, the chief executive officer of Hydra Properties.

He said: "Our goal is very simple - to make Manchester City the biggest club in the Premier League, and to begin with, to finish in the top four this season.

“We will release details later, but this is a great event for both the club and Abu Dhabi.”

Manchester City’s future has been uncertain following the court proceedings started against Dr Thaksin, yet ADUG say the former Thai Prime Minister will remain at the club as honorary president with no administrative responsibilities.

The little-known group are currently building a new football academy in Abu Dhabi alongside Inter Milan.

[quote=“myboyblue”][/quote]
A real kick in the hole for Liverpool if this goes through

Different crowd CG. Liverpool were being looked at by the crowd in Dubai, this offer that’s been accepted is from Abu Dhabi

its all well and good pumping in money and saying they want to be a top 4 team this season but these things take time…very hard on the players and staff if this pressure is put on them…in fairness chelsea were a top 4 team when abramovic took over it and they only had to go that extra few percent to reach arsenal and united…

hope things go well for city as i would have a lot of time for them and mark hughes…

Manchester City’s new billionaire owners are planning a world-record 135m bid for Cristiano Ronaldo in the January transfer window before turning their sights to, among others, Fernando Torres of Liverpool and Cesc Fbregas of Arsenal. “Ronaldo has said he wants to play for the biggest club in the world, so we will see in January if he is serious,” said Dr Sulaiman Al-Fahim, of the Abu Dhabi United Group.

Al-Fahim also re-iterated that he would investigate the potential availability of the former Arsenal striker Thierry Henry, Valencia’s David Villa and the former Brazil international Ronaldo to join Robinho in a “dream team” that would be able to challenge for the Champions League within two or three years.

However, he identified United’s Ronaldo as the biggest challenge for the billionaire tycoons, backed by members of the United Arab Emirates royal family, who have taken control of the club from Thaksin Shinawatra. “Real Madrid were estimating his value at $160m (90m) but for a player like that, to actually get him, will cost a lot more; I would think $240m (135m). But why not? We are going to be the biggest club in the world, bigger than both Real Madrid and Manchester United.”

In all probability, City’s chances of persuading Ronaldo to forget about moving to Real Madrid and decide instead to swap Old Trafford for Eastlands - or ‘Middle Eastlands’, as some City fans have started referring to it - are, at best, miniscule. Yet City’s remarkable signing of Robinho from Real Madrid, for a British record 32.5m, just before Sunday’s transfer deadline has already sent shockwaves through the sport, and Al-Fahim insisted the club would be willing to pay United three times the world transfer record, set in 2001 when Zinedine Zidane moved from Juventus to Real Madrid. “We want a team who can win the Champions League,” he added.

Al-Fahim also confirmed that Torres and Fabregas were among his targets as City look to bring in a “minimum 18” players. “We’re not just going to spend money on anyone, but if we can get the biggest players in the world, and of course if the manager wants them, then we will get them,” he said.

Robinho arrived in London on Tuesday for a brief meeting with Mark Hughes to conclude the transfer - even though he has yet to take the usually routine medical examination - before flying out to join up with the Brazil national squad for Monday’s World Cup qualifier against Chile. The 24-year-old has agreed a four-year contract that makes him the highest-paid footballer in the history of the game, with a weekly salary of 160,000.

Ronaldo could conceivably be offered twice that amount but it could also be argued that City’s pursuit of the twice footballer-of-the-year also demonstrates a degree of naivety on the part of the new owners. United’s reaction was one of bemusement, a spokesman saying “we have said all summer Cristiano is not for sale”