Managerial Merrygoround Thread

Yes the issue is they had to turn them around because they were so stand offish in the first leg

I think Allegri is a better manager than Ancelotti because he’s better tactically

Ancelotti has fallen behind the game

But they are quite similar as characters

Allegri seems quite easy going but does carry a quiet authority

But he blotted his copybook in a big way over the Moise Kean incident

I wonder is that what led to him going and I wonder what effect that incident has actually had within the Juventus camp

I think it may be more than is being admitted publicly

Why not the Ajax manager?

Sarri had done a very good job at Chelsea. Third behind two record breaking teams, and into two cup finals

Sarri is an idealist but his philosophy of football is married to that of Barca, 4-3-3 possession football.

He had a meltdown on Italian TV after they got knocked out by Ajax

With a squad of players not really suited to his style of football.

I’m not sure what to make of him and feel the jury is very much out. But there is little point in Chelsea appointing a manager with such a footballing philosophy and not allowing him proper time to implement it. Whether he can do it successfully is another matter, especially with the transfer ban looming.

All successful Chelsea sides in recent times have been reactive, functional, counterattacking teams as opposed to possession based and I don’t see Sarri’s style ever winning out there.

That was after a league draw with Fiorentina.

Middlesboro’ would be a nice job for Chris Houghton. I heard him mentioned for West Brom as well. Not sure if he would go there though.

Chelsea are screwed next season without Hazard

They won’t get top six

They’re going nowhere as a club

Abramovich is no longer interested, the wolves are at his door

I think Sarri will be happy to take the pay out with the chance of going to Milan. Chelsea will be at nothing for a few years regardless. How much of Chelsea’s season is down to Sarri and how much is down to Hazard’s brilliance is open to debate but based just on end results I don’t see how he could have done much better

Agreed, deserves a good bit of credit as they looked like a team teetering on a free fall half way through the season before rallying to a strong finish.

In Sarri’s defence, he was appointed very late in th summer so missed out on fair bit of pre season. He is very much a training ground manager so it will be interesting to see how next year goes. He has had a tough time but he doesn’t have the rep of a winner that will buy you time.

1 Like

Was he actually managing the team though for the last few months or was it really Hazard who was the dominant influence in them steadying the ship

Hazard commands an influence at Chelsea that no other player commands at any team in Europe bar Messi at Barcelona

Hazard had a fairly ordinary end to the season by his standards.

Bristol City would suit him down to the ground

A good club with decent potential in a nice location, but perennial underachievers

That club has the potential to be a serial mid-table Premier League outfit

Interesting klopp isn’t being linked with any of the big jobs

He’s at the biggest club in England

Liverpool isn’t in England

Man united are the biggest club in England.