Managerial Merrygoround Thread

Really? Barca would never go for a manager that conservative I think

Conte is off to Inter apparently.

Deschamps is the favourite I think.

Tata Martino was quite conservative

I don’t think Valverde has done a bad job with them but those two terrible defeats to Roma and Liverpool are hard to come back from at a club that size

Serie A could be about to get interesting

Sarri to Milan is also rumoured to be in the offing.

And he was out on his arse within a year. Allegri regularly lets the other team dictate games in big CL games until they are forced to go for it, not a Barcelona manager. The players want Valverde to stay anyway I think

So where does Spaletti go

Juventus?

Chris Coleman was sacked by some Chinese crowd.

Good thing United got OGS tied down when they did.

5 Likes

Does he. Juve are quite an old side. Mandzukic, Khedira, Ronaldo, Chiellini, Matuidi, Barzagli, Bonucci and Cuadrado are now all the wrong side of 30.

Could be a goer. I rate Spaletti highly, hasn’t really worked at Inter but he’s a good coach.

But Allegri is much more experienced at top level European football than Martino was

Similar to Ancelotti in style I think

The three managers who would really suit Barca are Guardiola, Klopp and Poch, and none of those are going there this summer

Outside of those and outside of sticking with Valverde there aren’t that many realistic options

Maybe yer man from Ajax but he’s still relatively unproven and it would be a big step up in terms of pressure

Sarri would be a good fit with Barca.

Except Ancelotti has won 3 European Cups as manager. I don’t think they’re that similar anyway. Allegri is quite tactical while Ancelotti is more of a man manager

Yes, Real Madrid last year, Atletico and Ajax this year

I think Spaletti would be a better fit

I can’t take Sarri seriously

I don’t think he has the authority for a really big club

A non-big three Italian club is his level

Roma, Napoli, Fiorentina etc.

Mourinho will surely be in the running for one of these jobs going in Italy

Can you put up your amended top 10 managers list there buddy?

They turned Atletico around and nearly did the same to Madrid. I just don’t think they had the answer to zest of Ajax this year.

I think they need a fair bit of surgery in the summer, particularly the midfield and attacking options.

Simone Inzaghi for Van Bommel.