Managerial Merrygoround Thread

That’s the one that stood out to me too. Supposed they’re used to a lack of success now

1 Like

I’d assume Newcastle are permanently at the bottom of these charts :laughing:

Bar when they had Rafa. The fans loved him.

In terms of pure results, Arteta has been worse than Unai Emery.

1 Like

I don’t know how they found the 25% that were happy for Bruce to stay on

1 Like

The club was a complete mess though, he seems to be slowly turning it around. The fact he has got lads like Ozil, Mustafi, Kolasinac and Sokratis out the door has got him a lot of credit with the fans.

Yeah to be fair he has gradually freshened up that squad and brought through some younger homegrown players. I still find talk in the media hyping him up to be premature though.

Aye he has a lot to prove yet. But the main thing fans want to see is players putting in the effort. If he manages to win the Europa this season after having that clear out it would be considered a great season for them.

Yeah that was the disappointment for them last year when they lost to Olympiacos in the Europa. It would be a huge fillip and a route back into the Champions League for the first time since 2016/17.

I saw one of these charts earlier in the season, probably the start, and Moysie was far and away adrift at the bottom. Shows the great job he has done and fickle fans are.

Fans are right to be fickle. They’re the ones who watch the team every week. Like for example if Stephen Kenny goes on to be the best manager we ever had, everybody will love him but he still will have deserved the criticism he has got so far

1 Like

compare the easy ride that kenny is getting from the media compared to the hostility that kerr got

“Despite the fact that the team had lost only once in qualification, Kerr’s record of one defeat, five draws and just four wins had signaled the end of his tenure as Ireland manager”

kenny doesnt even have one win

The Kerr era predated the age of the hipster soccer media

Kerr had an awful lot of support at start too.

I was behind Kerr all the way until the Swiss game at the end where we were very poor given the magnitude of the prize on offer.

Awful performance.

He completely shat the bed in the second half of that group which we had control of at the half way point.

Did he fall out with McAteer?

2-0 up on Israel and not winning defined and changed everything for his stint in charge

Yeah. Dominated the first 25 minutes then one of our strikers gets injured - brings on Graeme Kavanagh abd changed shape. They were level by half time and the life sucked out of the team. We would have finished second had we got three points in either of the Israel games