Managerial Merrygoround Thread

You think that’s mad, listen….I heard Brian Kerr on the wireless yesterday and it seemed from the snippet I caught that he’s having some input into the promotion of soccer in……sharp intake of breath……Pakistan….

It was all airy fairy stuff but he was saying they’re only into cricket and possibly darts but there were rakes of (their would be) lads mad for the soccer. He hopes to revitalise St.Pats via this incentive and thus the national team.
It’ll be melojeon listening to the updates concerning the progress of Rajiv etc…

St Patistan

Inichilahore

2 Likes

An untapped market.The Khyber Pass Gaels are county champion’s this year.2 Leitrim lads on the panel I hear.

A futile exercise. Nobody in Pakistan plays soccer. Or at least nobody any good.

Look away now Ghana fans :man_facepalming:

3 Likes

A good day for Everton to bury that news.

Why on earth would you 1. Give him the job and then 2. Give him a two and a half year contract.

Two and a half seasons innit?

They’ll sack him in one and then have to pay him a fortune. Not like they are queueing round the block for him. A contract till the end of the season to see how it goes would have been very fair

He needs to drop the faux intellectual approach and embrace the style of Uncle 'Arry. Hang out a car window and sign up Crouchy and Nico Krancjar.

1 Like

The average tenure on an epl manager is hardly two and a half years

Frank will go close to relegating Everton.

His stock must be at an all time low since super Cooper took his job

1 Like

Hughton very much reminds me of O’Neill. You need a certain type of player that will take to his system. There is very little room for flair or expression in their team’s tactics. The system in place is fairly rigid. I don’t think it suits the players coming through in the last 5 years.

1 Like

West Brom have sacked the hipster French guy who replaced Big Sam after 7 months in charge.
I thought they were doing ok? Will be in play offs

They were doing very well up until the last month or so. Think they are down around 6th with the likes of Forest CLATG at them. He was in charge of Barnsley last year and did very well with a limited squad. He could be Algerian too.

He doesn’t play the most attractive football. But did very well with Barnsley last season. Suppose it’s an expectations thing, they no longer look like they’ll get automatic promotion and if that was the goal, I guess he’s failed.