Managerial Merrygoround Thread

Chelsea manager Emma Hayes will be surprised to learn she is 66/1 to be the next Chelsea manager

I’d say she’d expect nothing less.

Give it Bielsa till end of season.

Chelsea are a pantomime. They had Maureen and now they want Potter.

4 Likes

Ange to Brighton

Chelsea know the key to their success is a revolving door of new managers. Long term stability doesn’t suit them.

Would it be too big a step up for him?

Putin believes constant instability creates a form of stability. Chelsea have not lost their Russian ways.

AAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDDDDMMMMMMMMMMMMMMIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

1 Like

What a strange and weird comment. Out of his depth !! Tuchel managed Chelsea to Champions League victory. What has Potter accomplished as a manager - apart from a few promotions in the mighty Swedish leagues. I am amazed he is even being considered for this job given how lightweight his CV is.

Luck of a Cup competition. Roberto di Matteo managed Chelsea to lift a European Cup and Avram Grant was John Terry slipping on his arse in Moscow in a penalty shoot out away from emulating that feat too.

Chelsea league results throughout Tuchel’s tenure weren’t good. A serial moaner and a really creepy and strange guy.

Go on…

1 Like

That’s a dangerous looking dude you’ve got over Spurs. He has the look of a lad who wouldn’t be out of place in Goodfellas or the Godfather.

I wouldn’t be sure that telling him to f**k off with himself on the sideline wouldn’t result in a visit from lads in dark clothing carrying wheelbraces….

He’s probably an oul’ pussy at the back of it all, loves dogs and line-dancing…

1 Like

Chelsea and Spurs have been a death knell for promising managers over the last ten years.

He’d be far better off to see out the season with Brighton and get them into Europe.

What’s Brighton’s link to Ireland?

Between Ferguson/Connolly/Furlong/Moran/Everitt they have some amount on the books.

Even going back to the Dessie Hutchinson days.

Tony Grealish

1 Like

Michael Robinson & Mark Lawrenson

Two of the previously mentioned three being dead, and the other whose brain expired many moons ago.

I heard a bit Lawro on NT with JD and the lads the other day. Is off his rocker.

1 Like

Lawro, John Toshack and Kevin Moran on TV3 around 2002 were a very bland panel.