Managerial Merrygoround Thread

5 Likes

Carrick doing a serious job at Boro. I expect them to be in the EPL next season.

Is there any other job where a lad walks so readily into another highly paid high profile failure

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2023/0308/1361048-parker-sacked-by-club-brugge-after-poor-run-of-results/

RTE

16 Likes

Civil Service/HSE

3 Likes

Sacked at Club Brugge

Edit: posted already, hours ago

2 Likes

Not much of a Patrick’s Day for Patrick Viera

That’s a shocking decision. Crazy.

I was looking at it, they’ve not won since New Years Eve and they are still 12th. Maybe a slight panic but I could see them slipping into a relegation fight

1 Like

@cheasty called it about a month ago. They have been sinking like a stone. Don’t know about the last game but in the three games before that they didn’t have a shot on target.

Who are they going to get to replace him that will do any better? Viera spent fuck all there.

Big Sam

I agree. I’m just setting out the reasons why he got sacked or the reasons why the board moved.

Lampard
Big Sam
Pardew
Bruce
Nathan Jones

Off the top of my head. Pretty shit shortlist

1 Like

Give it Hodgson to the end of the season.

They could do a lot worse than getting Hassenhuttl - another that was ridiculously sacked and the club has gotten worse since.

1 Like

If they don’t have some one lined up, I wouldn’t be shocked to see them go this route until the end of the season. 11 games and someone needs to hit the ground running.

I’d forgotten about them. Ralf could be a shout but they’ll probably go for Steven Gerrard or someone like that

I see Benitez name is getting an airing too. Talk about a dour manager.