Managerial Merrygoround Thread

https://twitter.com/fabrizioromano/status/1793968757565690000?s=46&t=yRtB8lhW_RucCjdm3dqcBw

He’s been well and truly mugged off :joy:

Seems nobody really wants to be a manager anymore. I guess ex players can’t be arsed they’ve so much money now.

1 Like

I know that’s Thomas Frank the Brentford manager but it would brilliant comedic value if the Frank in question was Lampard (again).

1 Like

Anne Frank

Surely the lad over Crystal Palace should be in the mix for some of these jobs. From the bits I’ve seen he has done a great job there

Think he rejected Bayern

What an absolutely BOX OFFICE the Summer 2024 Managerial Merry Go Round has already been and will go on to be.

Vacancies:
Liverpool - Arne Slot
Barcelona – Hansi Flick
Bayern Munich – Vincent Kompany?
Juventus
Manchester United
Chelsea
Brighton
Leicester?
Feyenoord
Ireland
England?
Germany?

On the market:
Conte
Mourinho
Klopp
Ten Hag
Pochettino
Tuchel
Potter
Xavi
Moyes
McKenna?
De Zerbi
Allegri
Maresca?
Southgate?
Nagelsmann?

Plenty of potential there for other teams to pull the trigger too. It wouldn’t be hugely surprising if either Spurs or the Saudis decided to create a vacancy.

AC Milan looking for a manager also.

1 Like

They might start keeping better records at least .

Completely forgot Ireland still have no manager. Some mess

Wayne Rooney to Plymouth.

I think the FAI might plough on with no manager or CEO for a while longer to save a few bob.

They should go for big Sam

2 Likes

So he won’t be staying with the team he just got promoted to the Premier League? :thinking:

They could easily be the worst team to ever play in the top flight. He’d dead right to jump

1 Like

https://twitter.com/david_ornstein/status/1795110853429129605?s=46&t=yRtB8lhW_RucCjdm3dqcBw

He was told today they couldn’t offer him the United job as they hadn’t decided on ETH yet. So he’s gonna stay at Ipswich now.

I’ll do a more detailed post tomorrow.

4 Likes

Maresco agreed to become Chelsea manager this morning. It’s done.

Seems a risky appointment in the vein of Potter, Lampard and Villas Boas. Little managerial experience to speak of other than one year in the Championship at Leicester. Any passable manager would have been winning that division with that squad. Leicester faltered quite a bit in the latter part of the season and fell over the line a bit.

Cheers Dave.