Managerial Vacancy

*** STATEMENT ***

The Board of TFK (Rocko and Bandage) met this morning with the current Astro manager - Rocko, his assistant - Bandage, a players’ representative - Bandage and two representatives of the fan-club - MBB and tipptops - to review recent events.

It was agreed at this meeting that in light of the Champions Cup participation error last night, the appointment of manager for TFK Astro Winter 2009/10 will be an open contest.

The Board would like to Rocko for his hard work over the past three years and for delivering a memorable first trophy for the club. Nevertheless we feel it is in the best interests of the club if the next managerial appointment is not merely a re-appointment but an independent assessment at Board level of the merits of prospective candidates.

The Board would like to invite candidates for the position to submit applications before 5pm on Friday 11th September 2009. Applications should be sent by PM to either Bandage or Rocko. Applicants should be aged 16 years old or greater on 1st August 2009. They should be members of TFK and a post count greater than 1,000 would be considered an advantage. Working knowledge of a second European language is essential.

Rocko has asked to be considered for the position and his application will be considered with the other canidadates.

*** END OF STATEMENT ***

:smiley:

I must say I was impressed at how swiftly the board moved on this matter. A Club going in the right direction.

Despite opening to managerial vacancy to all applicants, it is pretty obvious there is only one realistic candidate for the job.

Congratulations Dunph.

Ah yes, the dunph, I think its obvious that he’s the only man for the job.

You’d be surprised at how complicated the voting procedure is though lads, it can often produce unexpected results.

It’s a small committee but there’s usually a minimum of 10 or 12 rounds of voting with eliminations and quotas and all that sort of due process. Sometimes unless you’re familiar with the red tape you can find yourself squeezed out.

[quote=“Rocko”]Working knowledge of a second European language is essential.

[/quote]

Does Gaeilge count?

It does indeed.

I’m qualified so:D

Don’t know would I have the neccesary skills to handle a player of Cesc4’s ilk though.

[quote=“tipptops*”]
Don’t know would I have the neccesary skills to handle a player of Cesc4’s ilk though.[/quote]

I would like to formally throw my name in the ring for the vacant TFK manager’s position.

That is all i am prepared to say on the matter at the current time.

It has to be the dunph, what that man doesn’t know about football isn’t worth knowing!

I think now that Dunph is in, we should just give him the job, no one else can match him.

From knowing Cesc4 as a teenager strolling the tennis courts of south Wexford, I think I might know the key to getting the best out of him. On top of that I managed to win the Champions Leage with Burton Albion in Football Manager. Should I throw my hat in the ring? Or would the board prefer a neutral manager who doesn’t hail from the same county as half the players?

Will coaches based in a foreign country be considered?

Is TFK willing to pay travelling expenses,etc?:clap:

If so,I would be more than happy to join the extensive list of applicants.

I haven’t received any PM’s yet. I’m putting myself forward for the assistant manager position - I’m a crucial link between the rest of the players and Rocko.

That’s interesting, I haven’t received any PM’s yet (other than a friend request from Kev but that wasn’t a managerial application!)

Delighted to receive your application though, I really think we could make something of this team. I’m a wonderful tactician but there’s too much of a generation gap between me and Stevie G for example.

[quote=“Rocko”]That’s interesting, I haven’t received any PM’s yet (other than a friend request from Kev but that wasn’t a managerial application!)

Delighted to receive your application though, I really think we could make something of this team. I’m a wonderful tactician but there’s too much of a generation gap between me and Stevie G for example.[/quote]

As Mowbray said, some players need a ‘Mark Venus style arm around the shoulder’, while others require a ‘Peter Grant style kick up the arse’. It’s important to have different personalities around the team and that’s where I come in. Rocko rules with fear whereas I’ve been using the arm around the shoulder treatment on Stevie G all summer. ‘I don’t want to play - Clonard got beaten’, ‘I don’t want to play - someone broke a hurley across me’ and his latest one this morning ‘I’m not sure I want to play next season because it’s expensive and my car insurance is due’. My role in this title success can never be understated on so, so many levels.

Ladies and Gentlemen.

My proposed back-room team*:

Sports Pyschologist - Puke.
Team Dietician - Kev.
Ball-boy - Runt.

*I am still deliberating over other positions.

Would you still be interested Dunph?