Manchester United 18/19 - Producing McTominays on a yearly basis

Virgil van Dijk is now looking for a new house.

Delighted

I repeat the above again.
Surely be able to knock 18 or so months craic outta this before he gets the inevitable sack.

Whoā€™s available? Pep, Poch and Klopp wouldnā€™t leave their clubs. Nagelsmann is off to Leipzig. Thereā€™s no one else really is there? Tuchal is a bit of a knob who falls out with the board wherever he is.

Iā€™d say they could get Poch handy enough if they really wanted.

Whatā€™s the commute like from Kilmacanogue to Liverpool?

1 Like

Winston Bogarde used to fly in from Amsterdam every day to show up at Chelsea training when he was running down his contract, so there is precedent for this sort of thing, but I think Big Virgil is more interested in actually playing. Killmechanic is a good base for climbing the Sugar Loaf, but the Big V has different mountain to reach the top of.

True but if we get dumped out against Barcelona and donā€™t make top 4 he wonā€™t have achieved too much in my opinion.

Once Zidane went back to Real it was Oleā€™s gig.

Low risk for United, no real alternative. Worst case scenario - If they fall away to shit next season at least there may be some credible alternatives available next summer. Best case scenario he continues to makes a decent job of it

He took over when things were as bad as they were at any stage since Fergie left. Were playing awful football and the fans had started to vote with their feet. Results have improved and he seems to have a good relationship with the players and definitely the choice of the fans.
Would be a disappointment if they donā€™t get top 4 at this stage but they were 11 points off it when he took over and to have them in contention is still a decent achievement. I think once they beat PSG it was always going to be his job.

Agree with all that. Itā€™d just be too good to be true if he turned out to be a savage manager. Not that far away from having an excellent side.
Hereā€™s what Iā€™d like.
Play Fred for the rest of the season to see if heā€™s actually good enough. (I think/hope he is).
Sign Tielemans anyway. Theyā€™d be savage together.
Start looking for an animal finisher with pace who is also a leader(not a huge askā€¦)
Get a boss man centre half who will run the back four. Lindelof has looked like heā€™s starting to grow into it but Iā€™m not sure yet if heā€™s good enough.
Get Glenn Whelan.

2 Likes

One of my Bessiers is PA to the top dog. She said the atmosphere has lightened in the whole club, and, most importantly, footfall through the superstore has gone back to where it was, having plummeted in the latter days of the mourinho reign. Having said that, replacing mourinho with a traffic cone would likely have had a similar effect.

Get onto the horsey racing set - theyā€™re very good at that.

@thedancingbaby may be your man.

Glenn is a blue, hands off.

Is she hot?

What about Pochettino now as an alternative? Solksjaer was always going to get the job though.

This Solskjaer fella seems a bit soft

Jesus Christ

1 Like

OGS understands Manchester United

1 Like