Manchester United 2014/15

Great result. Saw none of this. Anyone fill me in on how United played?

Poor enough tho were well organized. Arsenal went gung- ho after going one down and utd picked them off after being under 10/15 minutes of pressure. Didnt see the last 9 minutes of extra time.

Nice one CM. That’ll do nicely with the back 4 we played.

It was a back three. I wouldn’t even say they were well organised. De Gea made some decent saves and Arsenal messed up lots of promising situations. Arsenal had loads of space in the final third, I felt. Manchester United battled away but it wasn’t impressive football or anything. I guess it will be good for confidence though.

United went away to a rival for the Champions league and beat them. Its the kind of games they have to be winning. United stood up well to Arsenal after the initial first 20 minutes where Arsenal could have been out of sight. Dare I say I think Smalling had a great game at the back. Welbeck had a typical Welbeck game and it vindicated Lvg selling him. Couldn’t finish and his decision making was poor enough. He should have played in Sanchez at the start of the 2nd half for what would have been a tap in goal but decided to try and beat De Gea at his near post. The goal was lucky and maybe it was a foul on Gibbs by Fellaini but Wilshere could have been sent off in the 1st half so evened it out. Van Persie was a non entity. Wilson in his 20 minutes did more than Rvp did in 70. If only they had Falcao fit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmwDXeuLY2M

He mugged off Geoff Shreeves there, mugged him off good and proper.

Expected win today given Brucey was coming to Old Trafford. The only downer of the day was Di Maria going off early in the game with what looked like a hamstring injury. Hopefully wont be too serious.

Any idea how we are getting so many injuries, Shan? Have we taken on some of Arsenal’s fitness coaches this season?

History has shown that once LVG’s teams get a run of form together they normally sustain it.

Has happened with both AZ and Bayern after slow starts.

Probably the double sessions has played a part in it. Di Maria is out of Tuesdays game against Stoke. Herrera looked decent when he came on so would expect him to come in for the next game.

Di Maria out for 3 months.

Only in the English game a few weeks and he’s mouthing off about one of the great traditions’s of the English game - Boxing Day football. Conduct unbecoming.

Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal is ‘unhappy’ with the amount of fixtures played in the festive period.

United could play four matches in nine days between Boxing Day and 3 January, depending on the FA Cup draw.

Their itinerary in the Premier League sees them host Newcastle on Boxing Day, away at Tottenham two days later before travelling to Stoke on New Year’s Day.

“I have a wife, kids and grandchildren, and I cannot see them at Christmas,” said Van Gaal, 63.

“But I want to work in the Premier League, so I have to adapt, and I shall adapt,” he added.

“I am not happy - but I cannot change it - I don’t think it is good for the players.”

Van Gaal’s team are fourth in the league following a 3-0 victory[/URL] over Hull on Saturday, in what the [URL=‘http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30263968’]Dutchman described as their most accomplished performance of the season.

Despite the busy festive period, the veteran former Ajax, Barcelona, Bayern Munich and Netherlands coach still believes that United would benefit from being involved in European competition.

“You cannot say Chelsea are not used to playing in the Champions League and the Premier League, and League Cup and FA Cup,” he said.

“When you are challenged during the whole season you become better.”

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/30272508

De Gea 2 unreal saves in time added on to keep Uniteds win in tact. Best Keeper in the epl on current form. United deserved the win and really should have killed off Stoke when it went 2.1. The signs are there that Lvg is turning it around.

We’re back.:clap:

Class is permanent :clap

Plenty of work to be done on the defence, but a good win nonetheless. Liverpool are even worse defensively.
Pity Falcao is not getting much playing time.

10 points clear of those scouse bastards!

Do they know it’s Christmas time at all?

:clap::clap:
and it only cost 113m, the utd way :smiley: