Manchester United 2014/15

and it only cost 113m, the utd way :D[/QUOTE]
Man City spent less then that and are in the Champions League

King Louis. :clap:

Today was akin to Aston Villa vs WBA, irrelevant in the grand scheme of things but important to the fans of these also ran clubs.

and it only cost 113m, the utd way :D[/QUOTE]

Whereas Liverpool just used the tokens off the back of a Cornflakes to assemble their squad for today’s game.

Actually i was using net spend: utd spent 145m but i took away the money they brought in.

Liverpools net spend was 43m or 113 in tokens

I thought that Liverpool always bought success but Man U were different? It was like whistling down a mine shaft in Wales for a Barry John or Phil Bennett to wear the Welsh No 10 shirt, there was an endless supply of young proteges from Bury, Salford, Trafford or Altrincham queuing up to wear the jersey. Surely its not the Man U to spend £210 million or whatever it is in 18 months.

Six wins on the bounce. :clap:

Have to be very strong favourites to qualify for CL now, which always had to be the main aim after last season’s disaster. Looking clinical and a goal threat even without Di Maria, which is a definite positive. Not going anywhere as a team in the long run with Fellaini playing central midfield, his passing ability is actually shockingly bad. Nigh on impossible to build any consistency defensively while the personnel has to change pretty much every game due to injuries too. De Gea is in fucking unbelievable form, which is papering over that particular crack for the moment.

[QUOTE=“artfoley, post: 1057423, member: 179”]Actually i was using net spend: utd spent 145m but i took away the money they brought in.

Liverpools net spend was 43m or 113 in tokens[/QUOTE]

Statistics, damn lies and statistics.

Now thats the utd way!

Christ Art.

I’ve finally come to expect more of you and then you come out with that.

[QUOTE=“croppy_boy, post: 1057539, member: 306”]Christ Art.

I’ve finally come to expect more of you and then you come out with that.[/QUOTE]
Meh, i flatter to deceive like my beloved wexford, liverpool and bills

It certainly looked that way to be fair…

Falcao back in the starting line-up, in for Wilson. Quite an attacking line-up for an away game, with himself, RVP, Rooney and Mata as well as Valencia and Young as wing backs. Fletcher in for Fellaini.

In a reversal of recent fortunes, playing better today but find ourselves 1-0 down at the break. Haven’t created enough real chances though. Di Maria on the bench, don’t know how many minutes he has in him but the sooner we see him the better.

Falcao levels it and I have taken the evens available in running for United to win

They didnt play well enough to win that when Villa went down to 10 men. In a way the man advantage didnt help as Villa dug deep and may have even snatched it in last 5 mins. Bentenke gave Evans a roasting today. Van Persie looking laboured up front and Louis took him off early.

Yeah, it was disappointing after the sending off alright. Not a bad performance in the round and good to keep the unbeaten run going anyway, but a timely reminder that a run at the title this season is just pie in the sky talk.

A shocking result for Van Gaal. Failing to beat the club punchbag is unacceptable at any stage but particularly against 10 men. Its worth noting that Moysie cruised to a 3-0 win in the corresponding fixture last season.

Moyesie was really getting the best out of Danny Welbeck last season too. Neither are at the club any more which is a real indictment of the decision making process at Old Trafford. But both have moved on to bigger and better things.

That’s 37 points for Van Gaal from first 21 league games. Moysie also picked up 37 points from first 21 league games last season, spending about £150 million less.