Manchester United 2022/23 - The Reign of ETH

He made a holy show of himself and destroyed manchester united football club for a decade and more.

The Boss mugged them off for a couple of million in the end that he wasn’t even entitled to.

Dermot Desmond paid him off.

He then went on to build the second greatest English Club side of all time - the all-conquering Manchester United outfit of 2006-2009.

He done alright.

Interesting how you chose to ignore how he ushered the Glazers in the door

I think you’ll find he came out of it worse off. His son was stopped from being a football agent iirc, and SAF lost a 4 year contract which was replaced by a one year rolling contract on less money.
I think he was given a share of the horse on a handshake. It’s unfortunate that the horse turned out to be Rock of Gibraltar. Had it been Blossom Whispers, none of it would ever have happened. It’s what happens when friendship and big money clash.

He already had a share in the horse, a token share to get him into the owners area

He wanted access to breeding rights off the horse

I’m not so sure on that now. Didn’t he get a pay rise every time a player matched his salary. Didn’t his salary double the time of the rooney contract.

It was actually after an altercation at York Races as I understand it. The debate was whether he was gifted a token, or a third or half share.
Anyhow, it’s all water under the bridge.
He certainly doesn’t talk of PJ with any malice these days.

Jps brother is a regular at old Trafford. He’d be taking some of the suits from Limerick gaa circles over regularly enough. Not sure on jp.

He defo said in his book his salary matched the highest earning player.

It’s a long time ago.

They really were incredible times.

The story went that after Footstepsinthesand won the Guineas he was got at by United Fans after they sold up to the Glazers in May 2005 and never ran again.

1 Like

Two couple billion!

Exactly boss.

Ferguson handpicked Moyes and told the fans to back him yet they were flying planes demanding his sacking six months later

1 Like

They obviously weren’t match going fans though. More match flying over fans

What happens if the Glazers sell and the roof still doesn’t get fixed?

Eamon in urlingford will be apoplectic

1 Like

Fuck him, the manc bastard.

1 Like

He’s a typical united fan. Unlike his twin brother who’s a prototype spurs supporter