Manchester United 2024-2025

He must have more assists in the last two weeks than the fella 12th Hag spent £100m on has in the last two years!

3 Likes

That’s not the staff.

Why did you make up lies about ten hag being nasty to Sancho ?

The diddy league experiment has failed. Nagelsmann or Tuchel the logical choices.

Potter on MNF auditioning for the job. He’d be a shrewd appointment.

2 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Not a bad shout actually. I think he would be gettable for United as well. Although I don’t think he would leave Villa mid season so they would have to wait a while for him.

He’s a gent, but he’s a bit odd.

Shrude mate, shrude.

1 Like

They need a British manager. What possessed them going for a hipster appointment from a continental farmers league.

Shapeless, demotivated, petulant … Ten Hag’s ghost ship continues to drift on | Jonathan Wilson Shapeless, demotivated, petulant … Ten Hag’s ghost ship drifts on | Manchester United | The Guardian

If I were the owner, I’d go for Vincent Kompany.

Looks like United will drop to 13th.

1 Like

I’m a villa fan so go away and shite. Seriously though i wouldn’t be worried of United came in for him. I really don’t think he’d go. He turned down the sheiks at Newcastle before going to us. Still shocked he did come to Villa but he’s took us from relegation candidates to playing Bayern in the Champions league this week. I think he is a man of principle and likes the project at Villa. I hope I’m not wrong.

3 Likes

If there’s a change, I wonder do they need to get away from this idea of mimicking Barca/City with the possession based game. Klopp had great success with the high tempo, and sometimes direct stuff, Frank at Brentford would interest me, @Aertel220 makes a good shout.

Arsenal are combatting City now with a big physical team focussed on duels along with sustaining pressure.

Since the days of Ronaldo, DiMaria and Bale, Madrid are the best transition team in the world and that is how they beat Barca/City.

United might need to change it up. I much preferred ten haags FA cup final team, the low block 442 Simeone style, maybe this is the way they should be playing all the time instead of getting their arses opened with that narrow 433 where you need either perfect technical (prime Barca) or monster athletes (Liverpool). United need to go down the shit housing route for a while.

1 Like

Simeone inzaghi would be good fun

1 Like

Did very well at Inter in fairness on limited resources. I wouldn’t mind seeing ETH carry on but go pragmatic low block and counterattack. Rashford and Hojlund up front, Bruno on the right of a narrow 4. Maybe Mainoo left with Ugarte and Cas told to sit on top of the centre backs and remain behind the ball.Everyone knows their position, sit in and hit teams on the counter.

1 Like

Oleball with Lingard, Rashford and Ice Cold Tone.

1 Like

Ole had a very balanced counterattack, fast transition oriented team before Sancho, Varane and Ronaldo came.

Rashford, Martial and Greenwood was the most cohesive attack since Van Persie and Rooney and Bruno in front of McTominay and Fred was also balanced. Fred and McTominay aren’t absolutely elite athletes but they would lie down and die for the cause and had some big days, won a Europa et cetera.

Don’t think either of them won a Europa at Man Utd. Both came into the team around 2018. Europa League success was in 17’. Lost a final in 2021 to Villarreal.

1 Like

Had it in my head Scottie was as it was Jose. They made a Europa Final and a Europa semi with them anyway, they knew what they were at. Ander Herrera the same, not quite the level to consistently trouble City, but good, hardy competent players who gave their all.