Manchester United 2024-2025

You’d wonder what Real know here. Invariably they are incredibly shrewd when it comes to transfer business as Man United would know from the Di Maria, Casemiro and Varane deals.

€62 million for a young lad available on a free next summer would be my understanding of it. 200k in wages is insane for an 18 year old. Hopefully he has good influences around him.

2 Likes

How much did Liverpool pay Thiago ?

You’re a bit off there.

He wasn’t an 18 year old and had won multiple trophies by that stage. I’m not sure where Thiago comes into this. Harvey Elliot’s wages would be the comparison here.

2 Likes

They were telling us last month he wouldn’t sign.

They have to deflect somehow.

And Thiago was a complete disaster.

So what does that tell you?

£145k in Sterling. Wouldn’t be too far off really.

Does he go straight in the starting team or what? What other centre halves have played for big clubs as teenagers? Seems a bit crazy

Almost a 1/3 of what Varane was on.

Savage business.

Is varane definitely gone

Coming from a man who proclaimed he enjoyed Stephen Kenny’s football we are going to have to take everything you say with a pinch of salt going forward.

That £145k is including bonus incentives. The basic is like £115k.

1 Like

I definitely would…I know fuck all. I’m ‘just asking questions’. I hope he’s good but given uniteds history you’d have to be sceptical.

With any luck I’ll see the Martinez and Yoro CB pairing at the Community Shield in a few weeks.

4 Likes

Savage signing, he is supposed to be able to play in midfield as well. He is some man to cover the ground. They deserve a lot of credit. They have paid the money because he’d go to Madrid next summer otherwise, but the lad could break his leg between now and then and has made the correct call securing the future of his family. Madrid will be there if he is as good as he looks to be.

1 Like

He’s a replacement for Varane on less than half the money.

It’s excellent business.

They passed over the likes of caicedo and Haaland in the past and look how that turned out.

1 Like

This is the most significant signing in years, the defensive equivalent of Haaland. Its great, they deserve massive credit. It’ll be interesting to see does he sign DeLigt still, he could be going to 3 centrebacks with the two defensive midfielders/centrebacks ahead like Pep set up

De Ligt   Martinez  Shaw

Casimero      Yorro

Is this lad any better than Jake O’Brien? He’d want to be for £80m and 250k pw

4 Likes

Informative. I presumed it would be up near the €200k mark with clean sheet bonuses etc.