Manchester United 21/22

1st half hour with 4-2-2-2 formation was really good, definite positives, obviously going to take time. Telles and Dalot bombing forward as much as possible. Nice buzz around OT today.

Missed that part! Was down in fish shack in mullach Ìde

1 Like

Mishit cross to Fernandes that nestled in the top corner. Either that or a heavy first touch.

Doesn’t appear that they plan on making any transfer moves in January.

Wouldn’t surprise me Lingard leaves. Hard to know with Pogba. Real have distanced themselves from a move for him and PSG gadfly need another difficult-to-manage ego. I’d say his plan is to sit tight and return to Juventus on a free in the summer.

There are a few United need to start looking beyond.
Lingard,
Mata
Jones
Bailey
Martial
Pogba
Matic
Rashford

Few of those are dead wood and a few will raise good money to help a rebuild. Stop offering g contacts to has been a or lads that have no interest in it and move on.

Don’t agree on Bailly or Rashford.

Can’t understand the hate for Rashford who missed preseason and played yhrough the pain last season. and

Bailly has been unlucky with injuries and only being paired with the ill-suited Lindelof and the useless Maguire.

The only reason I’d consider moving him is it being tricky to get by with two injury-prone centre backs. Hopefully Tuanzebe comes good at Villa after Christmas.

Mata and Jones should be let leave on a free as soon as possible.

Sad the way Mata’s career petered out. Was such an exciting player at Chelsea.

1 Like

Bailey is a physical specimen but has no calmness in his play at all. Just clatters around the place.

No hate for rashford just the observation that he doesn’t do it anymore. Lost that drive. Doesn’t work for the team. He has no injury now and still doesn’t do it. Don’t think he can. All the talent in the world but not able to switch it on at present.

1 Like

Yep. A brilliant man and A super player for utd. Always looking to make stuff happen but cursed by being slow as pre-fenners @bandage.

1 Like

He’s only back six weeks. He’ll be flying soon.

Don’t understand the dissing of Rashford either. Has good pace and can score a goal. Young enough too

I’d hope so but he hasn’t done it for 2 years.

His last 2 seasons have been his best seasons by far. And he’s been injured this.

He just isn’t good enough

I’d give him a chance. He’s absolutely infuriating sometimes. Headless chicken on occasions. Often runs into 2/3 defenders and loses the ball and makes bad decisions. Sometimes presses but also switches off defensively. Buuuuut he’s also an animal sometimes. And he’s been about 4 years without decent coaching now. Mourinho fucked him and solskjaer obviously loved him but just wasn’t a coach of any sort. He’s only 24 and still has a whackload of potential and won’t shirk hard work as long as he knows what he’s meant to do! Rangnick will love him. He can hopefully turn him into a much better player.

2 Likes

I dunno. He was fucked in out of necessity and had a big first year because of pace and nobody expecting anything.

He hasn’t really a first touch, his finishing is iffy and he is one footed. Added to that he seems to have the superstar mentality for no reason.

Ferguson would have had him at Sunderland by now id say

2 Likes

His finishing switches between iffy and sensational. He’s too greedy often but does sometimes get his head up and deliver a savage ball. So he can do it, he just needs to improve. And like you say, he has wicked pace. And every team needs pace. No way you fuck him out. Even if he’s a sub he’s useful.

I think there is more in Greenwood and would invest in him. I’d cash in on rashford now while there is a semblance of value for him

2 Likes

19 year old Elanga was more effective than Rashford today, be a shame if Rashford fades away.

Greenwood is miles ahead of Rashford. Greenwood genuinely has the ability to be world class. Rashford doesn’t. He could be coached into a very effective player, yes, but does not possess the same class as Greenwood.

3 Likes

Supposedly the 13 senior players to be named in the squad with some yuffs for tonight.

The 13 players are Dean Henderson, Tom Heaton, Aaron Wan-Bissaka, Eric Bailly, Teden Mengi, Luke Shaw, Donny van de Beek, Nemanja Matic, Jesse Lingard, Mason Greenwood, Anthony Elanga, Amad, and Juan Mata.

Ralph has found a few lads down the back of the couch. Lingard worth a tenner to score one