Manchester United 21/22

Sleepy Ralf has been a calamitous appointment as coach.

Who could have foreseen though that he’d be such a failure after a managerial career largely confined to managing mid table Bundesliga sides.

1 Like

He’s been a fantastic appointment. The worst thing that could have happened was someone coming in as caretaker and doing a good job and suddenly all the problems are forgotten about and you’re saddled with Ronaldo and others for another year. The next manager has a clean slate now

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy:

Somebody should have told Ralf it’s football he needs to play

5 Likes

Sleepy Ralf is clueless. What will his role be going forward?

Sleepy Ralf is seemingly staying on as some sort of special adviser. Is Sir Alex not already fulfilling that role?

Fair play to utd. They connived a totally unique situation where they avoided both the false promise of a new manager bounce and having to sack a shit manager .
I still cant work out how they managed it

What will he advise?

No one else would touch the job

I thought it was Gary Neville, who seemingly has the power to veto successful managers who don’t meet his definition of the “United way”.

1 Like

Michael Carrick was doing a grand job as Interim Interim Manager. Ruthlessly shown the door then for Sleepy Ralf.

2 Likes

Better off doing completely shit and having a clear out than a caretaker coming in and doing a decent job and the problems being forgotten

Is Darren Fletcher really technical director at Manchester Red Devils

Is Ten Haag significantly better than Poch? I still think the work Poch did at Southampton and Spurs doesn’t receive the credit it deserves. Finished 2nd with 86 points in 2017 and reached a Champions League final two years later with a club who aren’t usually in the real upper echelons. The PSG job has materialised as he might have hoped but neither did it do so for Tuchel.

Ten Haag is essentially being appointed on the basis of 4 games in March/April 2019 when Ajax dismantled ageing Real and Juve teams. A fine achievement although he did end up losing to a Spurs team manager by none other than Pochetinno. You can pick faults at being level with the mighty AZ Alkmaar before the close of play in 2019/20 Eredivisie or the group stage exits from the champions league in 19/20 and 20/21. He’s 52. Had he managed many teams before Ajax? He’s certainly a decent coach and bridged a huge financial gap with his achievements in 2019 but I’m not convinced he’s significantly better than Poch tbh.

The tale of Frank De Boer after his 4 in a row with Ajax in the Eredivisie also acts as a cautionary tale. Sacked after 4 games with Palace.

1 Like

He actually isnt incredibly talented and thats the problem, nowhere near enough of what he tries comes off.

United improved for Mata coming on, at least gives them a bit of continuity.

He is probably the worst manager in the league.

There were at least tomes under Ole where they were a decent counter attacking team.

There is no sense of a plan under Ralf.

1 Like

To be half serious for a minute, Utd screwed oles team and system, which was actually steadying the ship, when they acquired Ronaldo in a spasm of jealousy. Citeh must be chortling away to themselves. I suspect Ronaldo, with goal bonuses etc is on well north of a million a week.

1 Like

They’ll be some top top apologising on Instagram later

1 Like

De Gea could’ve got his move and won trophies a while back but he sold out for a big payout. He’s up there at the top of the mercenaries list

1 Like

The fax machine wasn’t working one time too I think. He tried to move to Real Madrid on deadline day around 2015.