Manchester United est. 1878, Season 2015/2016

Hope you enjoyed your day @dodgy_keeper you absolute legend.

1 Like

Had a great day in Wembley mate, cheers.

2 Likes

@dodgy_keeper, TFK fair weather fan of the season by a country mile.

That’s fair about Van Gaal but it doesn’t explain the welcome for Mourinho. His football is consistently dour.

I think the argument that his team plays dull football is exaggerated.

His first title winning team at Chelsea was great to watch, Robben and Duff as rampaging wingers. He’s not afraid of being practical and shutting up shop to secure 0-0 draws when needs be, though.

I think when Madrid won the title under him - against possibly the best club side of all time - they scored a record amount of goals too.

Inter were functional but not what I’d consider boring either.

The last two years under LVG have produced the most turgid football ever seen at United. Little flair or excitement or risk taking. He did win the FA Cup, sign Martial, give youngsters a chance (even if only due to an injury crisis) but his time is up. Nice to go out on a high.

How long until the @dodgy_keeper volte face on Mourinho.

Van Gaal has given young lads a chance everywhere he’s been, it wasn’t just due to an injury crisis

:smile:

I have a pal who has a box at Utd. When they asked him a few weeks ago about renewing for next season, he told them he wasn’t paying to watch more of the same bilge. The manyoo office indicated that he wasn’t alone in his opinion. I suspect, as usual, United have reacted to the only thing they understand the cunts, commercial pressure.

As usual?

Yep. If the corporate natives weren’t getting restless, I suspect lvg would still be in a job *

• this is entirely baseless supposition, quite possibly clouded by a dislike of what manyoo stand for these days.

The football being played is the problem, it’s a results business.

Let’s be clear here, LVG deserves to be sacked. When you spend the amount of money he has and produced sub par results you deserve to be sacked. That they waited around this long is pretty amazing to be honest.

The way they’ve gone about it and the replacement can be legitimately queried.

There is no club in the world who wouldn’t sack LVG for the results he’s produced with the money available to him.

That’s agreed. As ever with such matters at Man U though, it was handled pretty lousily. As Louis said many times over the course of the season, he has a wife and family and the constant speculation has taken its toll. The poor ould codger seems to have genuinely taken at face value all the assurances he was getting from the board and that he was going to be there next season. Real touch of class from the club as the story broke on FA Cup Final day.

Bizarre that they have replaced him with a busted flush like Mourinho. In the season gone by Van Gaal missed out on what was supposedly a par performance for the season (and presumably saving his job) only on goal difference. Mourinho was quite possibly the worst manager in the EPL in the season gone by. Mourinho despite all the resources at his disposal was only 1 point above the relegation places when he was sacked just before Christmas with Chelsea trailing Man U by 14 points. With the limitless resources at their disposal, you would have thought Man U would have come up with a better alternative.

They didn’t break the story though.

He is some weasel that @dodgy_keeper . He will be kissing TJ’s hole when Limerick win Munster.

Only these days?

Apparently Ibrahimovic will be player coach with Jose - it’ll be some circus!

:smile: