Manchester United est. 1878, Season 2015/2016

Intriguing top of the table clash between the top scorers and the meanest defence in the league.

1 Like

I wouldn’t agree Nembo they did play well until after half time. People forget LVG laid the foundations for this Bayern team. Miguel done a decent piece on a few months ago. United are very good shape compared to 18 months ago.

They had plenty of chances to score a second before the penalty. Three at the back certainly doesn’t suit them as was evidenced last season, Vardy would have a field day if he played that formation on Saturday.
Agree on the mindset for the last 20 minutes, the difference in tempo for the 2-3 minutes after the equaliser was massive as would be expected.

David v Goliath stuff. 18 -v- 1 on the Premier League Rich table. Man U with £433.2 million turnover in 2014 to Leicester City’s £31.2 million.

Amazing success story for a club started by railway workers back in the 1870’s to get to that level of turnover, I’m welling up here

2 Likes

On the 10th anniversary of the death of George Best, probably the most exciting attacking player Man U has ever produced, that performance against PSV Eindhoven last night was not exactly in keeping with the attacking traditions one would expect from a Man U team.

Another clean sheet though, mate. Stabilising and building a solid defensive platform with the first £300m, but I’m sure Big Luis will look to introduce a better attacking mix with the next few hundred million of player acquisitions.

1 Like

Five 0-0 draws in the last nine games for Van Gaal’s boring boring Man United. In Sir Alex’s last 116 games, Man U weren’t involved in one single 0-0 draw.

Any idea how the 15/16 defensive record measures up to previous sides? Surely has to be up there as our best in the Premier League era. From the early season shambles, LVG has to be commended for turning things around.

The fink tank had an interesting article yesterday suggesting that in truth, he is little better than moyes. They got booed off yesterday. I had a few last night with a lad who was at it. He reckoned West Ham could have been three up at half time.
He was over from East county galway for the game. I ventured how nice it was that he got to see a true characteristic manyoo performance, having travelled all that way. The United way.

1 Like

It’s symptomatic of the sport as a whole. United is a convenient scapegoat. You’d want your head checked forkin out a few hundred euro to go watch a match over beyond.

2 Likes

I couldn’t agree more.

Not at all. There’s plenty of great football being served up all over the world.

I’d love to know how much money United have spent to play like this, if that figure was available anywhere.

1 Like

It saddens me to say it but United are absolutely terrible to watch, I grew up watching this team play attacking football, hipster pundits like that cunt Ken Earley will say they have 80% possession and LVG is doing a great job before Guardiola takes the reigns. Fuck off.

If you’re a young lad, what players on that team are you going to emulate playing a bit of ball with your mates…this was a club that had Cantona, Scholes, Keane, Van Nistlerooy, Giggs, Ronaldo, Rooney at his peak…

They have no one now bar De Gea who is top class.

It has been very poor in recent weeks. PSV, Leicester and yesterday were all dour, turgid displays. Zero flair or excitement. Playing for a 1-0 in every game.

Don’t have much confidence of getting a win in Germany on Tuesday.

1 Like

We have every chance of exiting the champions league on Tuesday, Wolfsburg aren’t world beaters but I don’t see us scoring, Just can’t see goals in that team the way they are setup to play.

heard a good one on talksport there

you meet a nice woman in a late bar, buy her 7 or 8 drinks and have a good time chatting and flirting all night, then around 5am a lads walks in, grabs her but the arm, brings her to the jacks and rides her, then leaves, what good is possession then?

8 Likes

:grin:

Mods, please change the title of this thread to “Manchester United Nil est. 1902, Season 2015/16”.