Manchester United FC 2013/14

[QUOTE=“Manuel Zelaya, post: 936751, member: 377”]Giles for once was making an interesting point that Van Gaal both at Ajax and Bayern had no time for the litany of ex-players and stars that hang around both of those clubs either in an executive capacity or just generally mouthing off and it was an endless source of friction. Assuming it is Van Gaal, will be an interesting dynamic how he gets on with Sir Alex and the ‘Class of 92’.

There’s been an awful lot of guff these past few days about playing it the United Way. What that is, I’m not sure. If its referring to all out attacking football and flying wingers, there’s been little or none of that since Christy went to Madrid back in 2009. For Sir Alex’s last 4 season the United way was to play badly but still beat up the canon fodder teams and eek out enough of a return against the more decent opposition in the top half to either win the title or be in contention.[/QUOTE]

What I didn’t realise either was that when Van Gaal took over at Barcelona after Bobby Robson that he kept on Mourinho as his assistant. Says that he taught him everthing thing he knows about judging a player. Van Gaal won’t take any shit.

I’m glad Giggsy sees the funny side of it---- Knives the man in the back and then laughs his head off about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSMl1wn-emQ

[QUOTE=“Mark Renton, post: 936698, member: 1796”]Interview with Nicky Butt in the IrishTimes today, Eric Harrison has a few sound bites too. I love this bit-

“I watched the game at Everton [which United lost 2-0] and it was dreadful. I don’t think the players were playing for the manager or themselves. It looked like they wanted to go elsewhere…“That kind of feeling doesn’t appear to have been there for months. But the fact is now that people like Ryan Giggs, Nicky Butt and Paul Scholes will revive the excitement and atmosphere. The training ground will be buzzing and so will Old Trafford against Norwich City.”

How much are these gutter snipes on a week? I’d be absolutely livid if I was a Utd fan- But they have their Oswald and he’s been shot so the players will escape any wrath-- It’s quite clear that the ‘class of 92’ have been stirring it up against Moyes in the background for months also, and the reports of a coup that were laughed off a few months ago were bang on.

Disgusting carry on all round- ‘The utd way’ :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

The “United way” is not

• conceding a last minute equaliser at Cardiff and saying “we would have been happy with a point here before the game.”
  • saying United - who won the league last season - “aspire to be like city”.
  • saying Liverpool (Mignolet, Flanagan, Skrtl etc) are favourites coming to Old Trafford.
  • banning the midfielders from getting ahead of the ball.
  • going out and being defensive first and foremost.

Harrison is dead right there, the dressing room saw through Moyes from day one. He just wasn’t up to it - he just didn’t understand United. It’s like anyone in any job - if you don’t have a good manager are you going to put it in? Happened with AVB at Spurs and Chelsea, Hodgson at Liverpool and hundreds of other examples.

[QUOTE=“dodgy-keeper, post: 936941, member: 1552”]The “United way” is not

It’s like anyone in any job - if you don’t have a good manager are you going to put it in? [/QUOTE]

It’s the employees job to do what he is told. It is the managers job to manage.

Absolutely. But if you go from having the best manager in the business to a mediocre one there is bound to be a drop off in performance from the players - it’s only human nature. It shouldn’t be like that, ideally you’ll get the same effort all the time irrespective of who is in charge, but you are always going to put in more for someone you like or respect than someone you don’t.

Moyes certainly managed but he made a right mess of it. The players clearly were disillusioned, the effort at Everton was pathetic (like a lot of displays this season) but it all comes back to the manager. Once the players lose belief the game is up.

Giggsy can be judged by his treatment of his brother. He is such a cunt that he tried to get my wife to have dinner with him once in a restaurant in Manchester by sending over some spiv to say “ryan giggs wants you to join him at his table”. Cunt didn’t have the balls to ask himself. This was before we met so I’d have no axe to grind either way but she says he is a sleazeball of the highest order.

There are some real pieces of work in that Manchester United dressing room - Giggs carrying on with the brothers wife, Rooney caught out any number of times with hookers/granny’s, Ferdinand failing a drugs test and Van Persie, another married man ending up rape charges after a night out with some stripper.

The United Way.

[QUOTE=“TheUlteriorMotive, post: 935158, member: 2272”]Moyes like Hodgson got an easy ride from the media because they were British

Lots of parallels between them - they never looked comfortable in the job or the expectations it carries.

Watch Hodgson during the World Cup when it all unravels as he allows the media pick his team

That was as good as we have played all season, and I have no qualms with the performance whatsoever. I only hope fair-minded people will see it the same way.
Roy Hodgson, 17 October 2010, Everton 2 Liverpool 0

d like to give Wolves credit, but I think we were a bit unlucky to lose the game, probably 0-0 would have been a reasonable result for us. But we didn’t do anything to deserve more than a 0-0.
Roy Hodgson, 29 December 2010
Liverpool 0 Wolves 1 (Wolves bottom)

I don’t think anyone can really say we did a lot wrong.
David Moyes, 9 February 2014
Manchester United 2 Fulham 2 (Fulham bottom)[/QUOTE]

I can’t fault the players, we just didn’t find the breakthrough. I am very proud of the players.
Brendan Rodgers, 27 April 2014
Liverpool 0 Chelsea 2

[QUOTE=“Rocko, post: 937912, member: 1”]I can’t fault the players, we just didn’t find the breakthrough. I am very proud of the players.
Brendan Rodgers, 27 April 2014
Liverpool 0 Chelsea 2[/QUOTE]
He is playing Chelsea, one of the most expensively assembled teams in history of football, aiming for a third Champions League final in four years. Perfectly acceptable. They aren’t Wolves or Fulham sitting at bottom of the table. He also expected to win before the game.

Welcome Louis.

Next season will be our season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inhLp3FQdZY

Unlike Mourinho, Van Gaal is real box office.

[SIZE=6]Manchester United players will find Van Gaal ‘difficult’ – Mehmet Scholl[/SIZE]
• Ex-Bayern assistant says coach has ‘problems with big players’
• ‘He is a genius … and exactly the right coach for United’
[LIST]
[][U]Jamie Jackson[/U]
[
][U]The Guardian[/U], Thursday 1 May 2014 22.30 BST
[/LIST]

[U]Manchester United[/U][/URL] have been warned that [URL=‘http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/apr/28/louis-van-gaal-manchester-united-world-cup-ryan-giggs’][U]Louis van Gaal’s potential appointment as manager[/U] could put him on collision course with senior players such as Wayne Rooney.
Mehmet Scholl, who won eight Bundesliga titles with Bayern Munich and was their reserve team coach under Van Gaal, believes the Dutchman is a “genius coach” who will guarantee success for United. But he is unsure how long this will last.
Van Gaal is expected to be appointed by the middle of next week – he wants a deal in place by 7 May when he joins his Dutch-based players to begin their World Cup preparation. And Scholl told the Guardian: “He’s very strict and severe. So the players just have the chance to follow him or they are out and he takes the next players. He’s very good with young players. I think everywhere he was he had some problems with big players and the staff.”
Van Gaal, who is the Holland coach until after the summer’s World Cup, has previously managed Ajax, Barcelona, AZ Alkmaar and Bayern during his club career. Though he has won championships with all of these teams, the 62-year-old’s longest tenure was his six years at Ajax before spending three at Barca, four with AZ and two at Bayern.
Asked how Van Gaal has achieved this success if he can fall out with senior players and staff, Scholl said: "There are 26, 27 players and he is looking for the 14 to follow him – 14, 15, 16 to follow. His thing is not the motivation [man-management]. He’s good in motivation but this is not his main character thing.
"His thing is really working on the pitch – that’s brilliant. And that’s how the players learn. You know by yourself that if you learn from somebody you are curious, you want to learn more.
“Some of the players, I can tell you, like Rooney, I don’t think he has to learn anything more. So that will be difficult for him if the coach says: ‘You have to do it in a completely different way. Whatever you did until now, change it.’”
While Rooney is United’s highest-paid player, Van Gaal enjoys a close relationship with Robin van Persie, the club’s next best-rewarded footballer, naming his countryman as Holland captain, and the pair were regularly seen together at matches during Van Persie’s recent recuperation from a knee injury. “I think the education is the thing,” said the former midfielder Scholl. “The thing Van Gaal teaches is the same thing Van Persie learned from the very beginning. So there, I think, there will be no big problem. Of course he is a big player but he is a Dutch player. That’s the thing and the difference to Rooney.”
Asked about Van Gaal often staying for only truncated periods with clubs, Scholl said: "Yeah, I think he’s for the moment exactly the right coach for United and United will be successful again with him. That’s without doubt. That will come. The thing is he is very – he wants a lot of things from the players and, for the players, it is not easy to satisfy him all the time and so after several months, one or two years, it gets less what the players learn.
"We’re not computers. Sometimes the brain is full. And he still wants [you] to learn, to learn, to learn, high level, every day. Is it annoying? No. It’s exhausting. They lose power. That’s what happened at Bayern Munich.
“And that’s why he often picks young players because they learn and learn and learn. I don’t know if he is working still the same. I just can tell you what happened in Bayern Munich.”
Van Gaal’s CV shows four Eredivisie titles, two in La Liga, one Bundesliga, the Champions League and Uefa Cup plus various other trophies for the clubs he has led. “He’s a brilliant football coach. The way he likes his team to play is absolutely brilliant,” Scholl, 43, said. “His main thing is to keep the ball, to be proactive not passive. He is a genius, he’s one of the best I’ve ever seen on the pitch.
" For the big stars it is not easy to work with him but for the young players he is brilliant. He is brilliant on the pitch and wants them to learn all the time, wants them to learn. Even the old players.”
Manchester City’s chief executive Ferran Soriano, who worked at Barcelona together with Van Gaal, also believes that some of the players will find the Dutchman difficult. “If you treat your people badly, they remember,” he said at a conference earlier this year. “One day you make an error and they kill you. I’ve seen this in many clubs. [U]Louis van Gaal[/U] has been a very good coach in many clubs but his style is very difficult. The same thing happened to him in Barcelona as in Bayern Munich.”
“He is very tough, people don’t like him, but he wins. And one day you don’t win — and when you don’t win, everybody that is angry with you will come back to you and try to kill you. In the movies this works, in real life it doesn’t.”

After reading the account of Van Gaal’s time with Barca in Sid Lowe’s recent book, I would absolutely LOVE if Man U appoint him.

He wouldnt want to drop his trousers around the United dressing room, Giggs would probably ride him.

Giggsy gives debuts to Tom Lawrence and James Wilson tonight, Wilson is the better prospect of the two.

Vidic on early as a sub for the injured Phil Jones, he has been a magnificent player for United.

Wilson :clap:

2 Goals on his debut and then subbed. Fuck sake giggsy he was going to get a hatrick. :mad:

That cunt Fellaini will hopefully be the first out the door when big Louis is appointed. Needed to put him in the shop window and play him tonight so that some club might be daft enough to take him off our hands. He really is fucking useless, United’s Andy Carroll purchase.

Just get him out of the club, whatever it takes.

Giggsy saying the good times will come back. :clap:

[QUOTE=“Captainshan, post: 941306, member: 41”]Giggsy saying the good times will come back. :clap:
[/QUOTE]
Did he tell the crowd that their job is to get behind their new manager ?