Manchester United FC 2013/14

That’s the problem with having a dictator in charge for so long.

The younger fellas weren’t able to think for themselves as they were used to receiving Ferguson’s orders.

The more experienced players saw Moyes’ democratic management style as a weakness and decided to run amok.

:rolleyes:

Rio had all the talent in the world but never put his body on the line like a proper centre half, acted the prick at times over the years (Drugs test, tweets etc) and generally was known as a bit of a bollix, not an Old Trafford legend but a far better player then Smalling or Jones.

Big Louis confirmed. :clap:

Three year deal.

Giggsy as No. 2.:clap:

[QUOTE=“downyourthroats, post: 946586, member: 1497”]Giggsy as No. 2.
[/QUOTE]
And united still at number 7

[QUOTE=“dodgy-keeper, post: 946584, member: 1552”]Big Louis confirmed. :clap:

Three year deal.[/QUOTE]
King Louis. :clap:

And Giggsy retires.

https://scontent-a-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/t1.0-9/1001968_10152184658272746_7518284559345765403_n.jpg

You hardly thought they were going to move up the table in the off season now did you?

Ryan Giggs. :clap:

Incredible career. 13 league titles, 2 European Cups, 4 FA Cups, 4 league cups, a treble, 963 appearances. And he pumped Imogen Thomas. :clap:

A Roy-of-the-Rovers career. 23 years in the Manchester United first team. An all time great. The word legend is bandied around far too much these days but it applies to him. @Captainshan throw up links to the following please - THAT goal at Villa Park, the goal at White Hart after he just burst onto the scene, the goal away at Juventus, the penalty in Moscow and the league title clinching goal at Wigan.

Giggs. :clap::pint:

I think it will be a disaster in the end- Van Gaal is an arrogant, stubborn bollox - He will steady the ship tho which is badly needed.

[QUOTE=“dodgy-keeper, post: 946616, member: 1552”]Ryan Giggs. :clap:

Incredible career. 13 league titles, 2 European Cups, 4 FA Cups, 4 league cups, a treble, 963 appearances. And he pumped Imogen Thomas. :clap:

A Roy-of-the-Rovers career. 23 years in the Manchester United first team. An all time great. The word legend is bandied around far too much these days but it applies to him. @Captainshan throw up links to the following please - THAT goal at Villa Park, the goal at White Hart after he just burst onto the scene, the goal away at Juventus, the penalty in Moscow and the league title clinching goal at Wigan.

Giggs. :clap::pint:
[/QUOTE]
Giggs - A traitor to Wales.

That is all

[QUOTE=“thedancingbaby, post: 946620, member: 48”]Giggs - A traitor to Wales.

That is all[/QUOTE]

Flattered to deceive. Never became the player he could have been, was shit for a lot of the 00’s which seems to get glossed over as well

[QUOTE=“dodgy-keeper, post: 946616, member: 1552”]Ryan Giggs. :clap:

Giggs. :clap::pint:[/QUOTE]
All great moments that are engraved in any utds fans mind. :clap:

[B]Today is a fantastic day for Manchester United. Louis van Gaal is a great appointment and let me begin by telling you how delighted I am to be working with someone of his calibre. His credentials are second to none and I’m positive the club will thrive under his leadership over the coming years.I would also like to take this opportunity to announce my retirement from professional football and embark upon a new and exciting chapter in my life, as assistant manager of Manchester United. I am immensely proud, honoured and fortunate to have represented the biggest club in the world 963 times and Wales 64 times. My dream was always to play for Manchester United, and although it saddens me to know I won’t be pulling on a United jersey again as a player, I have been lucky enough to have fulfilled that dream playing with some of the best players in the world, working under an incredible manager in Sir Alex Ferguson, and most of all, playing for the greatest fans in world football. I have always felt and appreciated your support.

I want to also give a huge thanks to the backroom staff and support teams we have and have had at Manchester United over the years. I would not have achieved the success I have without your continuing dedication and commitment to creating the best environment to enable the players to thrive. I would not have won 34 trophies in my career without you. I would also like to say a special thanks to my friends and family for all your love and support.

For me, today is a new chapter filled with many emotions - immense pride, sadness, but most of all, excitement towards the future. United fans I hope will share and echo my belief that the club, the management and owners, are doing everything they can to return this great club to where it belongs, and I hope to be there every step of the way. To the greatest fans in world football, thank you, I have loved every minute of playing for you and representing the biggest and best club in the world.

See you next season,

Ryan
[/B]

Didn’t they almost flog him in 06 or 07 ??

Or probably earlier ?

[QUOTE=“Mark Renton, post: 946624, member: 1796”]Didn’t they almost flog him in 06 or 07 ??

Or probably earlier ?[/QUOTE]

There were rumours of it in 2000 but it was all tabloid rubbish.

Nothing as solid as those claiming that Gerrard wanted to join Chelsea before the 2005/6 season.

[QUOTE=“croppy_boy, post: 946625, member: 306”]There were rumours of it in 2000 but it was all tabloid rubbish.

Nothing as solid as those claiming that Gerrard wanted to join Chelsea before the 2005/6 season.[/QUOTE]

You just had to bring Liverpool into it!! :D:D:D

I only asked a question, pal… No need to get so defensive. The club never wanted rid of Gerrard tho, Giggsy was certainly on the chopping block at one stage.

[QUOTE=“Mark Renton, post: 946626, member: 1796”]You just had to bring Liverpool into it!! :D:D:D

I only asked a question, pal… No need to get so defensive. The club never wanted rid of Gerrard tho, Giggsy was certainly on the chopping block at one stage.[/QUOTE]

Sorry chum, was just giving you context. I could have used Fabregas wanting to leave before he was allowed to. I just used your beloved Liverpool to keep the example relevant for you.

Giggs was never on the chopping block.

Johnny Giles hit the nail on the head. Giggs had a great career but never became the great player he threatened to be in the early part of his career. He would never have been rated in the top 20-25 players in European football at any point. Out of the midfield four he was part of along with Beckham, Keane and Scholes, he made probably the least important contribution to Manchester United’s success.

Welkom Louis.

The future is bright, the future is Oranje. :cool:

Incredible career for Giggs. A one-club man. :clap:

[QUOTE=“dodgy-keeper, post: 946631, member: 1552”]

Incredible career for Giggs. A one-club man. :clap:[/QUOTE]

Amazing how these serial womanisers like Giggs & Terry are great 1 club men. :smiley: