Manchester United Football Club 20/21

Manchester and Liverpool are the finest. Manchester a bit more spread out. Liverpool perfect for a weekend away. Locals in both are sound.

2 Likes

Those two things dont tally. Big UK cities are shitholes.

Liverpool is a nice city

1 Like

It’s how you look at it I suppose. Central London is lovely but there are shithole parts of it. Same with Bristol, Leeds, Birmingham etc etc. In Paris around St. Denis is an absolute dive when I was there (albeit nearly 20 years ago) but central Paris is probably one of the best cities to look at.

Liverpool City centre is small enough and it’s a decent city centre. The docs area is a world heritage site and has the slavery museum and the Titanic link. Some lovely late Georgian architecture just off it where Sherlock Holmes was shot. Then the new Liverpool 1 shopping area is modern and chic. Then you’ve the working class boozers scattered throughout. 12 hours in the cavern getting sozzled is a must… A great town. Manchester is like Limerick, it has a load of quarters spread out.

England is a shithole

You’re not going to those cities for enlightenment anyway… I’d like to go to Cornwall and up around north Yorkshire. The English countryside is lovely.

No it’s shit

Devon, Cornwall and Somerset are beautiful. The Cotswolds too. I’d love to spend a while in rural Yorkshire for the accent alone!

I gained most of my cultural knowledge of Northern England by doing four cities in four days - Newcastle, Leeds, Manchester and Liverpool.

We were due to go to York City last year, it was a shame that lockdown happened but it’s not going anywhere. Looking forward to exploring that part of Yorkshire.

I’d say you were shitting something rotten for a week after that.

We’d to nurse one lad around and try and procure sudacream for him after a particular bad dose resulting from an all you can eat curry house in Manchester.

1 Like

Yep, I’d agree. Manchester a great city for a night out.

Was that on the curry mile?

3 Likes

Manchester is booming . A cracking city .

2 Likes

As a diehard United fan I’m going to have to call you up on a factual inaccuracy there. the club actually changed its name to Manchester United in 1902 but was founded in 1878.

1 Like

Alderley-prestbury-mottram so called golden triangle is where it’s at.

1 Like

Man Utd was only founded in 1902? Wow