Manchester United Football Club 20/21

A badly run club

I think ole has done a good job in two and a half seasons heā€™s been at the club. Heā€™s cleaned out so much of the dirt and bar overpaying for Maguire heā€™s done well in the transfer market. He inherited a complete mess it canā€™t be forgotten. The squad is far more exciting now with so many youngsters.

A number of the players have improved under him particular shaw as well.

Man united are on course to finish in the top four for the second season on the trot for the first time since fergie retired. This isnā€™t an achievement but if helps building a squad and moving forward.

I hope we win a cup this summer as itā€™ll take some pressure off ole but this summer is huge. He needs to roll the dice. Matic, Mata, Jones, lingaard, Romero, Pogba and de gea need to go. Thatā€™s about 75 million worth of wages per year and youā€™ll raise some funds from sales too. Thatā€™ll put an end to the majority of the dross.

Martial, rashford and Greenwood have been average this for a number of reasons but Iā€™d have full faith in rashford and Greenwood coming back to top form next season.

Donny will be excellent next season. Itā€™s common for Ajax graduates to struggle at new clubs and I bet with Pogba out of the way heā€™ll blossom.

Ole has to stop picking McTominay and fred against the cannon fodder. It isnā€™t needed. Far too conservative.

The squad should be something like something Henderson, shaw, telles, Maguire, bailley, lindelof, Alex Tuanzebe, Avb, Williams plus a new centre half.

Midfield of fred, McTominay, bruno, Donny and a new dm. Use the likes of Garner to bolster depth here.

Then youā€™ve martial, Rashford, Diallo, James, Greenwood, Cavani and a new centre forward.

You desperately need to a top qualify centre half, a defensive midfielder and a proper centre forward. If he can get those 3 signings right next summer with all the sales theyā€™ll go close to winning the league. Forget about squad depth until youā€™ve the first team sorted.

4 Likes

Itā€™s truly remarkable that Ole is the first United manager in history to win his first three away games to City, considering the quality City have compared to most of their history. I looked at the subs this morning before the game and the contrast was striking, but as always itā€™s the attitude of the 11 on the field that matters. A glorious win.

What about these truffles @Tierneevin1979? Would you give them the go-ahead?

Are you a hunter gatherer?

Would you go and look at the advanced gardening thread and tell me if Iā€™m in danger of poisoning myself

Cauliflower fungus, edible, but wash it well. Would make a lovely soup.

Sure why donā€™t you amuse yourself by taking the piss out of the simple farmer.
Bloody yanks

Wasnā€™t that surprised, this seems to be the cycle currently - couple of poor performances against dross where the players look shattered and then redemption against a top class team.

Minimum of three signings needed and Iā€™d like to see priority to CB and Striker and holding onto Pogba.

Iā€™ve no doubt an on form Pogba is brilliant but heā€™s 4 years at the club and never consistently puts it in. Heā€™s liable to down tools at anytime and seems to be picking more and more ā€œinjuriesā€.

His contract is running down and his wages are huge. I think itā€™s time to cut him loose and re invest.

Barcelona sold Ronaldinho and built a treble winning side. Inter shifted our zatlan and built a treble winning side. Even Liverpool selling coutinho allowed them to re invest.

I think if you could sell Pogba you can find value.

1 Like
1 Like

His has a good rapport with Bruno and Rashford.if the reports that Varane could be coming have anything in them then thatā€™s a positive for him too.

Iā€™d hold onto him if he wants to stay.

An internal appointment that has nothing to do with transfers.

Odd one.

Murtough has a sports science background so presumably nothing to do with transfers in the new role. Strange one alright

He was also the head of football development at the club already. They appear to be keeping recruitment as the duty of Judge and Woodward which does not augur well at all.

1 Like

Unreal. What a club :heart:

2 Likes

I strongly suspect becks regrets leaving.

Didnā€™t they fuck him out the door?