Manchester United Football Club 20/21

:joy:

If we win the game in hand we are only 8 points Behind city. Terrible results against arsenal x 2, Sheffield and spurs have really cost man united hugely this season.

1 Like

Duncan Castles is seething :joy:

Citeh have taken the foot off the pedal in recent weeks though once the League was wrapped up to focus on the European Cup. Man U fell apart really in January and early February after they went top and a bit of pressure came on once they were talked of as contenders.

1 Like

As Pep said, the league was done when Barney started posting league tables on TFK.

Citeh’s season will be judged by the Champions League.

1 Like

Man United need to win all 7 games and just wait and see . City have domestic cup commitments & a pursuit of old big ears to distract them.

Prince Charles? He wont like that.

City won’t be caught, but united need to keep this momentum up and carry it into next year. Winning EL will be a big step for ole

Go way you cunt. I’ll bate the head of you.

Wrong tread @Thomas_Brady

The title was lost early doors last season. You can’t draw with Chelsea and lose to Spurs, arsenal and palace in your first 6 games and expect to win the title. It’s imperative we get a quick start.

1 Like

On Christmas Day, Man U were 3rd and Citeh were 8th. Man U went top of the table for the first time mid January when they won at Sean Dyche’s Burnley to go 7 points clear of Citeh, I see, looking back at the screenshot of the table you posted up that night.

They buckled straight away under the pressure of going top of the table, the expectation, the talk that they were going to win the title and the pressure that brings. They only won 3 of the next 10 league games - lost at home to bottom of the table Sheffield United, drew at 2nd from bottom West Brom, coughed up 2-0 and 3-1 leads at home to Everton and perhaps most embarrassingly of all, up until yesterday, they were the only visiting team not to win at Anfield in 2021.

7 Likes

It’s amusing how out of the question it is in peoples minds that City could be caught. If Utd win their game in hand, the gap will be 8 points with 6 to play. In 2011/12, Utd were 8 points clear with 6 to play and City won the league.

City clearly have a better team, but it’s entirely possible that they falter around their CL games, which is a bigger deal for them. A couple of tired draws would really put the pressure on.

It’s an odd year but with martial gone for the season and Cavani/rashford carrying knocks I can’t really see it myself.

Man Utd would also have to win the next 7 games in a row which is also very unlikely

I would have thought it possible, but you need to take into account the posting up of the league tables. It really put the nail in the parking space.

If you give Man U the 3 points for the game in hand, that 8 point lead is effectively as good as a 9 point lead as Citeh have a vastly superior goal difference. If Man U were to reel off 7 wins from their last 7, Citeh need 10 points from their last 6. Just looking at the fixture list there - Citeh have Aston Villa (a), Crystal Palace (a), Chelsea (h), Newcastle (a), Brighton (a), Everton (h).

City also had to play United though in them 6 games in 2012, so they were hoping for United to drop 5 points against the other sides.

2 Likes