Manchester United Football Club Thread 2019/20

AFAIK no that’s it.

Would be surprised if City were in the CL next season.

1 Like

Cringe for @BruidheanChaorthainn. The Premier League have confirmed that it was yet another penalty incorrectly awarded last night.

The Premier League has said that three VAR decisions made during Thursday’s Premier League games, including a Manchester United penalty against Aston Villa, were incorrect.

United and Southampton were both awarded contentious penalties, while Tottenham Hotspur manager Jose Mourinho was irate when his side were denied a spot-kick in their 0-0 draw with Bournemouth.

The Premier League took the unusual step in confirming to BBC’s Match of the Day programme that all three decisions, made with the video technology, were incorrect.

Man United took the lead at Villa Park through a Bruno Fernandes penalty after the Portuguese international pirouetted on the ball and appeared to catch Villa defender Ezri Konsa’s leg, but referee Jon Moss awarded a penalty, a decision supported by VAR.

Villa manager Dean Smith described the decision as “disgraceful”.

During the 1-1 draw between Everton and Southampton, the Premier League also confirmed the Saints should not have had a penalty against Everton after James Ward-Prowse appeared to fall into the standing Andre Gomes, although he missed the penalty as he hit the crossbar.

Spurs manager Mourinho said “everyone in the world” thought his side should have had a penalty, apart from video assistant referee Michael Oliver.

King pushed Kane in the back as he defended a cross but referee Paul Tierney did not award a penalty and Oliver chose not to intervene.

1 Like

I thought the Manchester United one should have been a free kick to Villa.

The Southampton one was a dive alright.

I thought Kane was pushed by his own player.

I watched all incidents on Sky Sports last night with the volume down and haven’t been influenced by pundit comment.

VARCE

1 Like

I still don’t understand why the cunts don’t go over to the monitor themselves

1 Like

Ah yeah, but you can still see now why he’s given it … :laughing:

1 Like

I didn’t see the Spurs match last night, Sitting down to watch 6pm kick offs a non runner really. I won’t rush to judgement without seeing it just because Spurs have been on the receiving end of same very bad calls recently against Man U and Sheffield United. You’re always surprised though to hear any suggestion that Michael Oliver got a call wrong. He’s the best in the business.

Not many of your fellow Spurs fans would agree with your take on Michael Oliver there

I can only speak for myself. No idea what my fellow Spurs fans are saying. As a general rule of thumb, I stay clear of twitter, soccer fan phone in shows and tabloid newspapers which are the forums where outraged soccer fans typically congregate to vent their spleen.

Strange that you continue to call a referee who has consistently got things wrong to fuck over the team you apparently support the best in the business

Kid, this is the Man U supporters thread. I’d suggest if you want to pepper me with questions on Spurs, best bring it over to the dedicated Tottenham Hotspur supporters thread.

The forums Number 1, Man U super fan, @Mullach_Ide has issued a stern warning about discussing non Man U related content on this thread. Do you really want to be drawing the angriest man on the forum onto you?

Poll required

By God, this good run of form for the Manchester Red Devils has you rattIed to within an inch of your life Danny boy, this and your lockdown smackdown from @Rocko shows the classic signs of a tired and stale internet moniker, you should consider a rebrand, maybe follow the cricket for a while.

2 Likes

Another record gone

1 Like

I wonder will greenwood get the 7 shirt next season? Or maybe Bruno will wear it.

Speaking of 7, I see Manchester City confirmed their status as top dog in Manchester for a 7th consecutive season today.

1 Like

Man united played city twice in the league this season and hammered them both times.

2 Likes

Too bad they will be banished to the European wilderness next season for their persistent financial crimes.

A Spurs fan talking about league position :joy:

3 Likes