Manchester United Football Club Thread 2019/20

That’s a serious clamping.

Rio was never late for a drug test. He forgot about it. Keep up simpleton.

Whatever :grin:

1 Like

I’ll never forget the time moyes was telling press he was going to put in a bunker in old Trafford with iPads to study potential transfers. He wanted to sign fabergas, Kroos and one of bale/Ronaldo :grin:

He ended up with fellani. A complete joke of a manager.

It’s not the managers fault if he doesn’t get who he wants mate

2 Likes

I think @BruidheanChaorthainn was laughing at the fact that Moyes thought a club like Man Utd could attract players like that

1 Like

THe manager should have some notion of what signings are attainable. I’m pretty sure he turned down fellani initially and then had to go back and pay an extra 5 million after he failed to sign any other player.

The notion that elite level players would want to play dinosaur ball under him was amusing alright.

For the richest club in the World everyone should be attainable within reason. Kroos and Fabergas should most definitely be attainable for a club of United’s history and bank balance. They can afford to buy their own youth players for £100m ffs

3 Likes

Compared with Howard Kendall and Harry Catterick, Moyes was a failure at Everton.

Kroos went to Real Madrid mate. Nobody is choosing Man Utd over Real Madrid

1 Like

Two different eras of transfer fees for starters. Between 09 and 13 man united barely more than 30 million on a player. In fact I don’t think they did once. United are never going to sign players from real, Bayern, Barcelona unless they are unwanted.

Perhaps not, but you’re definitely ruining your chances when you employ David Moyes as your manager

1 Like

Man City are the only English club who haven’t lost players they wanted to Barcelona/Real Madrid which always set alarm bells off in my head.

2 Likes

In the Kendall era the view was the Colin Harvey as coach was the brains behind the operation and yet he was a relative failure as a manager .

The last Everton manager to win a trophy was Joe Royle a quarter of a century ago

Januzaj played in 35 games in his first full season

Greenwood has already played in 43 this season

1 Like

They may be the richest club in the world alright. Can never understand where the “Biggest club in the World” moniker comes from though. They’ve won 3 European cups compared to Real Madrid’s 13.

1 Like

I’m not sure they’re the richest either

Pre lock down greenwood had only started four league games. Much easier introduction.

Real Madrid don’t have a noodle deal