Manchester United Football Club Thread 2019/20

If you’re going to get into semantics then he’s scored for England in the Nations League and for Man Utd in the Champions League to fulfil the International criteria and the other two need no explanation.

Only Hamilton is ahead of him. Rashford is in from 2/1 to 6/4 since last night. It might happen that they give him a special award to recognise everything that he’s done.

Coach Ole has a lot of know how from his playing days of winning the league in seasons when the standard is very weak. That could be important.

1 Like

SPOTY would never be manipulated to suit an agenda.

1 Like

If McIlroy wins the Masters to complete a career Grand Slam he’s in with a shout

@Rocko it would be great to get a graph of the posting frequency in this thread vs United’s league position at that time. Thanks in advance

1 Like

You’re half serious, but he’ll do that

Like when Ryan Giggs won in 2009?

1 Like

A day as dark as Giggs

1 Like

Zara Tindall in 2006.

I’m starting to think this award is a bit of a sham.

They’re not happy in the Ratoath Inn after last night’s result.

Positive covid results? Sure they’re riddled out there. As soon as they heard Mane had it they started licking each other.

Last season there was a dominant force. Van Dijk’s injury opens it up big time. I’d consider Spurs a real dark horse with a potentially lethal front 3 of Son, Kane and Bale. Man City have no excuses after their defensive recruitment drive to fix their problematic position.

Last season Liverpool were decent and the rest were muck. It was a very Weak league.

Ya van dijk is a huge loss. We saw against Aston villa when Liverpool conceded 7 goals how badly they defend without him in the team.

He was playing that night against Villa. Liverpool transformed from an exciting top 4 team who couldn’t defend into a fine tuned title challenger upon his arrival. Hopefully Gomez and Matip can tide them over until January. The required title winning points tally could drop from 99 to 85 this season.

1 Like

Bookies have Spurs a fairly clear 3rd favourite around the 7/1 mark. Chelsea are 4th favourite around 14/1 and United are out around 20/1 to 25/1. Those odds would indicate that Spurs are viewed less of a dark house and more of a real contender. It is Spurs though. Even if they do get into contention down the home stretch, you’re all but guaranteed the kind of Spursy implosion we saw against West Ham last week.

I’d swap the odds. United have pedigree and tradition. Spurs are Spurs

If Liverpool were able to win a league last season I see no reason why spurs can’t this season.

True, it was a massive leap for the 97 point European Champions to move on to 99 points.

United have had spells of winning against the bigger teams and spells of being flat track bullies but haven’t put it all together. Eventually the massive investment will pay off, and this truncated season is where you see the benefit of squad players like Mata on 150k odd a week.

2 Likes

West Ham have a bit about them this year.