Manchester United Football Club Thread 2019/20

King Louis plucked him from the u19B team into the first team

1 Like

Yes but Mourinho gave him the discipline needed

Indeed. Outside of Fergie, I meant to say.

And level with Wenger, you meant to say.

The relevant point for United fans is that Mourinho is the most successful EPL manager currently still plying his trade. The board made a decision a few months after Mourinho posted 81 points and a 2nd place finish to dispense with his services for a manager with negligible managerial experience. For a club of the stature of Manchester United, itā€™s not really acceptable to have a trainee manager learning on the job, however much of an old playing favourite he was.

Iā€™m still prepared to reserve judgement on Ole and give him a chance, but if silverware does not start arriving soon, it goes down as a bad appointment. As @Thomas_Brady has said, thereā€™s nearly an expectation there now with a state of flux and injury issues at the other top clubs that a big opportunity presents itself this season.

Iā€™m just point out that you were factually incorrect.

You seem to have a hard on for Jose.

Are you Duncan Castles?

correct. Ole saved him. Jose nearly destroyed him.

Astute observers of talent will see what JosƩ did for Rashford. He made him.

Jose may have saved rashford, but he lost the dressing room

And united should forever be grateful.

Mourinho has a proven track record of delivering league titles and Champions League wins. I felt at the time at Christmas 2018 that it was foolish to dispense with all that for a manager with little or no track record. I havenā€™t seen too much from Ole for the last two years to allay those concerns. This season is make or break.

He has won three EPL titles, failed to win a Champions League title with an EPL club.

If Pep can win a Champions League title with City he has surpassed Jose IMHO.

Iā€™d rate EPL managers as follows.

1. Ferguson.
  2. Wenger
    3+ Not a patch on the above.

Do you believe Ole will deliver league and Champions League at Old Trafford? Thatā€™s the expectation really for a Manchester United manager.

I believe that Ole is righting all of the wrongs that were done by Ole and Van Gaal in signing mercenaries and quick fixes. Moyes gets a pass cos Woodwars utterly fucked him over.

He has the playing side of the club back on track and thatā€™s what his legacy will be regardless of what he wins. Anything from here is a bonus. I reckon he would have been an excellent Director of Football also.

1 Like

Klopp is better than wenger already

Winning the Champions League with Porto was a sensational achievement. He hasnā€™t been the same since 2015 but Iā€™d still be wary of any team Jose is coaching. I canā€™t say the same about OGS.

Gents weā€™re talking about record with Premier League clubs.

On the rationale being used by some here Ancellotti should be considered a great EPL manager than Wenger.

Using EPL credentials then Jose is still a far superior manager and coach to OGS.

Jose had lost the dressing room

Signing a 33 year Cavani and three other players on deadline day, the day after getting hamered 6-1 at home to Spurs all part of the process of righting all these wrongs and this long term strategy?