Manchester United Football Club Thread 2019/20

It was a draw. But under the rules of soccer, the only thing that really matters is advancement.

Correction duly noted

But advancing in a penalty competition didn’t dampen the celebrations of Eire fans in 1990 and I dare say it will be the same for United fans tonight

Tuanzebe and Williams deserve a start in my opinion at the weekend. Williams looks like another fantastic prospect at left back. Tuanzebe definitely deserves a go at the Centre back too.

Great to see new poster @ChairmanDan is a United fan, welcome aboard @ChairmanDan, a word of warning, you might be mistaking @Sidney for a fellow Manc given all his posts in this thread, he actually supports the murdering scouse bastards and is a bit of a nut job. For future reference @anon32894817 @Captainshan and @dodgy_keeper are the real United fans on this forum.

Thank you for the kind words of welcome. I have tremendous admiration for Coach Ole and for the famed Man U Youth Academy and all the wonderful things they’ve been doing since the 1930’s. I don’t have links or connections to that part of Greater Manchester though so I wouldn’t be what you would classify, a supporter of the club.

I can see you’re a huge fan though. Still up after 3am and on the job, the night of the big local derby against Rochdale. Man U and their supporters truly never sleep.

2 Likes

Well deserved to be fair

If you can’t celebrate after advancing in a big local derby cup tie, when can you celebrate?

Sound mate, thought you were a fan when you were posting with such gusto. When it’s 3am in Ireland it’s a different time in loads of other countries around the world.

1 Like

Tipperary really is like a different country at times

1 Like

Ah, I know who you are now - you’re Sean from the Galtee ad who gets up to cook bacon and sausages at 3am because it’s breakfast time back home

Shocking error by Dean Henderson today to gift Liverpool the win at Bramall Lane.

He’s still had a better season than De Gea

1 Like

United united united

Miguel has a nice article in the telegraph mocking United

Apparently 9 points over first 7 league games is the worst start to a season for Man U over first 7 games in 30 years since season 1989/90 when a 5-1 defeat at Maine Road to Mel Machin’s Manchester City in Game 7 left them on 7 points.

Coach Solskjaer needs time

He deserves time

Good point for United in the clash of the big two

Crucial not to lose ground to your main title rival in the head to heads and they’ve avoided that

United are actually doing alright defensively. They’ve conceeded the same amount of goals as City for example but they seem to be impotent upfront. Liverpool have scored twice as many (18 v 9) and City three times as many with 27. Even outside the top two, the likes of Norwich have scored 9, even Sean Dyches hapless Burnley have managed 10.

Jesus United really are fucking brutal. Of course the likes of @anon32894817 would try to maintain that they have some sort of relevance but in truth they are mid table at best

1 Like

Mid table indeed. A spell in the Championship could work wonders for them.