1 Like

United united united

1 Like

I get the feeling we are watching the start of something special at OT

4 Likes

All those missed penalties in the league are completely forgotten now

Huge mental strength from the Red Devils

Coach Solskjaer outwitted Coach Barry-Murphy in a big way in that shoot-out

All-important bragging rights for United fans now over fans of their deadly rivals Rochdale

They’ll go to work tomorrow with a big spring in their step

The Solskjaer revolution continues apace

1 Like

The result is all that matters in a big local derby and that’s a huge draw for Ole with the cherry on the cake of advancement via the lottery.

Rochdale have real pedigree in this tournament. They were finalists all the way back in only its second renewal.

In 1983 Everton were losing a league cup tie to then lowly Oxford ( I think) the Goodson faithful were roaring for the head of Howard Kendall. Everton prevailed with 2 late goals and went on to reach the final and win the FA Cup . Two leagues and a cup winners cup followed . I feel Man U are on the cusp of real glory .

A misplaced Kevin Brock back pass changed the course of history.

The last great united team was built around a league cup success.

2 Likes

Great comparison

The famous Mark Robins match at Forest in January 1990 also springs to mind - although United were still three years away from winning the league at that point

They’re a lot closer now

2 Likes

A couple of juicy 4th round ties
LFC v AFC
CFC v MUFC

The Scottish soccer afficionados on this site must bemoan that the Scottish game doesn’t have similar competitiveness in derby games . Partick Thistle put in a lame show in tonight’s Glasgow derby.

Oh well.

Klopp will be sticking out the kids mate

1 Like

The great Arsenal team of George Graham was built on a League Cup win

As was the great Birmingham City team of Alex McLeish

1 Like

Ole would want to tread carefully on that trip to Colchester Football Club. They should keep up the practice on their penalties again. All five were dispatched with aplomb tonight.

Layer Road always a difficult place to go

The town of Colchester was founded by Romans and that warrior spirit continues to this day

SIDS having a meltdown after united march into the next round of the cup

Sandwiched between FA Cup final appearances in 1970 and 1972, Don Revie’s all conquering Leeds United crashed out of the FA Cup to Colchester at Layer Road in 1971 in the 5th round.

As I said, mate, all important bragging rights are very much with Manchester United fans such as yourself tonight

Congrats on a win that will make a lot of people sit up and take notice of how good this United team is