Manchester United Football Club Thread 2019/20

I myself had huge doubts about whether Jurgen Klopp was the right man for Liverpool when his team were taken apart by Steve McClaren’s Newcastle in December 2015

I think in time he would prove to be a good appointment - although to be fair, things do seem to have gone off the rails a bit lately for him

So perhaps not the best comparison there, actually

But Ole will be fine - as @AppleCrumbled rightly says, he’s the right appointment for United and that will be proved in due course

Good things come to those who wait

2 Likes

Klopp is a flop as we are well aware of by now

When you see how Virgil van Dijk was pushed around by a diddy team from Austria, you’d have to fear for what Marcus Rashford will do to him

Rashford is always on his game against Liverpool - he humiliated Trent Alexander-Arnold a couple of seasons ago

Alexander-Arnold has never been the same player since

1 Like

How much did United pay for Lindelof again?

Wiki tells me €35m. In or around the same price as Mo Salah went for the same summer

"If you only work on sunny days you’ll never get to your destination."

1 Like

Could somebody please post a clip of today’s goal?

Another loss and United potentially in a relegation dogfight.
Shocking stuff, shades of 1974.

Has he lost the dressing room?

No. But I can describe it for you. United had a corner. The ball ended up with the Newcastle left back. He played it to M Longstaff around half way. He pushed it forward to Saint Maxinin who broke through two United players and picked out Willems at the edge of the box. Willems sized up his options and rolled it back to M Longstaff outside the box. As he struck it I remember thinking he struck it very casually. He hit it “through the laces” and didn’t snatch at it. Harry Maguire was in front of him and made no real effort at a block. The ball passed half way between the centre of the goal and the left hand post. Although he has become an easy target, I thought De Hea might have done better.

Does that help?

7 Likes

Could be time to get Big Sam in. He’s the only man you’d really trust in a relegation dogfight.

1 Like

Very much so. Thank you very much.

Tony Pulis is also very good in a relegation dogfight.

Realistically though it’s Liverpool and not United who have to worry about such things.

Spurs are fucked. It’s season 1976/77 revisited.

Ole had the thousand yard stare during the aftermath interview …you’d have empathise with the poor divil

Poch willl be managing at OT this side of Christmas

Man Yoo 6/1 to finish bottom half. Chharrrrgee

I was just thinking there that Manchester United’s season so far has been very reminiscent of Manchester City’s last season in terms of results

A home defeat by Crystal Palace and a loss at Newcastle

They overcame a spirited Leicester display to beat Brendan Rodgers’ Foxes 1-0 at home

And they had a thumping home win over Chelsea

All of those are results which Manchester City posted last season on their way to winning the title

Uncanny, and ominous for the rest of the league

1 Like

Sky have the goal up here pal: https://www.skysports.com/football/newcastle-vs-man-utd/408056

Hard to feel sorry for him when the worst case scenario for him is a multi million euro payout