Manchester United Football Club Thread 2019/20

Hungover footix bland analysis alert

2 Likes

Bad when ya canā€™t beat a second string Everton team

1 Like

Johnny I always think you are one of more reasonable and intelligent posters on here but come on. This is very unfair in my opinion. OGS has had one transfer window to clean what was a complete mans utter shambles. Heā€™s built a decent team. Heā€™s created a quick counter attacking team thatā€™s very effective. Heā€™s also developed and significantly improved the likes of McTominay, rashford, Lindelof and Fred. Unitedā€™s results versus the top four tell us this. These are the games you want to be doing well in. As itā€™s much easier to turn poor results to wins versus the likes Sheffield, Everton, Aston villa and Newcastle around than against the bigger teams. United have no attacking midfielders anywhere near the level required. Make no mistake united are 2 or 3 signings away from being very good again. As man united fan Iā€™m happy enough. Itā€™ll take until next season until you can fully judge ole but the signs are very positive. Absolutely key he signs the right number 8 and 10 next summer but no point in signing a stop gap player last summer. United tried this with di Maria, Sanchez, Falcao and mata. It never really works out.

Ole went to see Halaand on Friday and United have triggered his release clause of 17 million. Ole says the player has made up his mind where he wants to go next and most of the hacks say itā€™s Man United. Judging by Oles comments the advisor who is Pogbas agent is possibly the stumbling block.

Damnit, and he woulda gotten away with it if it wasnā€™t for that pesky agent.

I just canā€™t get enough of these Mason Greenwood finishes. His ability to keep the ball low from distance is absolutely unreal.

1 Like

Whoever is negotiating contracts for RB Salzburg would want to work on the buy out clauses. Theyā€™ll lose out on an absolute fortune in this window if thatā€™s true

Iā€™m open to correction but in some counties you have to have a buy out clause. Spain is an example. I think the clause is related to the wages or value of the contract. So say if halaand was 16 or 17 signing his current contract a 17 million buy out clause would be huge for A fella thatā€™s only getting 5 or 10k a week. Iā€™m only guessing but I presume itā€™s some sort of reflection of the modest wages their players are on.

Itā€™s great to have a poster with inside sources at Old Trafford

I believe you also broke the news that Matthijs De Ligt would be signing for Manchester United, and what an acquisition he has turned out to be

1 Like

Nope I did not.

:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

The scouting paid off :clap:

Too soon for the chap.

He signs 4 different club shirts in the video clip.

Imo he isnā€™t very good and potentially a flat track bully. It appears now the release clause is only available to other Red Bull clubs and not man united. Rumors of a 70 million deal and loaning him back for 6 months persist. Iā€™m really not sure on him tbh.

Heā€™s still very raw. He definitely has a bit about him, but he could bomb, heā€™ll be expected to deliver straight away at those fees.

Iā€™d have my doubts.

I just think he lacks a little. Dirk Kuyt and Mateo kezman spring to mind.

United could badly do with a Dirk Kuyt

All on his Instagram story this evening :joy:

Lolz