Manchester United Football Club Thread 2019/20

Champions canā€™t always find a way

But they tend to find a way back from adversity

A bad night for Coach Solskjaerā€™s charges but theyā€™re still well in the hunt for the title

A big month coming up for them

City and Leicester will be hoping little Liverpool can do them a favour by beating United at Anfield on January 19th

Try 80.
Olly wonā€™t be parking in the gaffers spot anytime soon

:eek:

Heā€™s the most expensive, and therefore best, defender on earth lad. Reminded me of a prime Cannavaro tonight

So the rest of the squad cost 75m between them? Cc @anon60384913

Iā€™d only dip in and out of the soccer these days, but I saw better defending every Sunday in my tenure with Loko Cove. Some of it by @Loko_Cove himself.

1 Like

Fred cost close to ā‚¬60 million I think. He was Unitedā€™s best player tonight but not saying a lot.

:joy: he hasnā€™t a clue :joy: :joy:

Well he is a born liar.

No that was Pogba

I donā€™t think thereā€™s any badness in him; he just pretends to know a great deal and gets tied in loops when questioned. Itā€™s something most people grow out of to TBF.

Martial was an academy graduate who cost around 35m.

I think the reality here is that Man U made a small club decision in appointing a ā€œlegendā€ with a shite managerial record as manager after a new manager bounce. Iā€™d expect my own club Villa to do that. Lost a year or 2 because of that

1 Like

To paraphrase Eamon Dunphy on The Premiership circa early May 1999 (midweek game I think, Leeds beat Arsenal the same night) when Bill asked him if a Paul Ince inspired Liverpool comeback from 2 down to draw with Man Yoo at Anfield signified some sort of resurgence in Liverpoolā€™s fortunes:

ā€œMan Utd are useless. Jesse Lingard is playing midfield; theyā€™re useless!!ā€

Few people canā€™t understand the difference in euros and pounds. United goalie and defence cost about 190 million pounds. Rashford, lingard, james and martial signed for about 40 million pounds. Fred / matic maybe 70 million. So In and around 300 million give or take.

And would need 300 more

1 Like

Give or take

1 Like

I see #OleOut and #Maguire are trending on Twitter.

Iā€™d imagine Maguire will rebuild his career at an Everton or a Crystal Palace down the line

They didnā€™t sign from anyone