Manchester United vs Chelsea - Champions League Final

I wouldnt go to Moscow even if I was offered a free ticket for the game. I don’t blame anyone for not going.

Line up I’d like to see

Van Der Sar

Brown Vidic Ferdinand Evra

Scholes Anderson Park

Ronaldo

Rooney Tevez

Sub Hargreaves or Carrick for Anderson and I reckon that’ll be the starting team. It’s anyones guess

Note: Im not playing Ronaldo behind the front two but rather on the right but more advanced than the rest of the midfield. Just cant show that in the post

Well, I wouldn’t go even if I had a free ticket but then I’m not a supporter of Manchester United or Chelsea either.

[quote=“Flano”]I wouldnt go to Moscow even if I was offered a free ticket for the game. I don’t blame anyone for not going.

Line up I’d like to see

Van Der Sar

Brown Vidic Ferdinand Evra

Scholes Anderson Park

Ronaldo

Rooney Tevez

Sub Hargreaves or Carrick for Anderson and I reckon that’ll be the starting team. It’s anyones guess

Note: Im not playing Ronaldo behind the front two but rather on the right but more advanced than the rest of the midfield. Just cant show that in the post[/quote]

Why not?

Are you querying why I wouldn’t go to Moscow or why I cant show Ronaldo playing in an advanced right wing position?

Well I wouldnt go to Moscow because of the cost of it. It just wouldnt be worth it, unlike going to Wrestlemania :).

I cant show Ronaldos position because even after I spaced out my post it reverted to the squashed thing that ended up being posted.

[quote=“Flano”]Are you querying why I wouldn’t go to Moscow or why I cant show Ronaldo playing in an advanced right wing position?

Well I wouldnt go to Moscow because of the cost of it. It just wouldnt be worth it, unlike going to Wrestlemania :).

I cant show Ronaldos position because even after I spaced out my post it reverted to the squashed thing that ended up being posted.[/quote]

I was querying both.

On the Ronaldo thing you need to do lines to hold words in position because it doesn’t hold spaces. So like

______Ronaldo

Annoying but there ya go.

Ah right. Cheers.
I dont want to go off the subject of the Final but can you post tables on here?

Just checked out the team he played against Chelsea. It was nuts! I remember being freaked at the time but looking back it was shocking…

Van Der Saar

Brown, Rio, Vidic, Silvestre
Carrick, Fletcher, Anderson, Nani, Giggs,
Rooney

No Evra, Ronaldo, Tevez, Scholes, or Hargreaves, all of whom will probably start tonight.

[quote=“Flano”]Ah right. Cheers.
I dont want to go off the subject of the Final but can you post tables on here?[/quote]

Not at the moment. Tried to introduce it the other week but it’s fucking tough work and I made a mess of it. I’ll give it another go though because I’d use it a fair bit.

Which reminds me… are the smilies still broken?

The tables would be handy alright, less work than doing one up on excel and then converting it into a picture etc

Yeah some of the smilies are still broken alright.

Start your own “table thread”

Not really surprising about United not selling all their allocation. They set the bar too high when inviting the first batch of STs to apply, so by the time many ordinary STs were invited to apply they didn’t - out of spite.

The Guardian are saying this is the ManU team:

Van der Sar;
Brown; Ferdinand; Vidic; Evra;
Carrick; Scholes; Park;
Ronaldo; Rooney; Tevez;

BBC were reporting earlier that Ballack’s going to be on the bench with Essien moving into midfield. That would be wrong, wrong, wrong.

Who are you supporting Bandage? In the likely event that one of these teams has to win I’m opting for the Chelsea scum I think. Just on the grounds that I don’t know any Chelsea fans so there’s nobody to begrudge and I’d hate to see anyone else happy.

Ballack better fucking start.

The aforementioned Makelele tackle on Cashley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcL6Z9cuVZ4

On the one hand, I’d prefer not to have Chelsea join us as European Cup winners but that said I think I’ll be supporting them. Again, it’s mainly because I don’t personally know any of their supporters and won’t have to listen to the rubbish I hear when United win anything from arseholes like Juhniallio. That’s not to mention the likes of the lad in work who didn’t know who they were playing in the last 16 the day of the first leg against Lyon but hasn’t gone on about anything else other than the final all week and Jugs, who asked who Darron Gibson played for when he came on against Slovakia last autumn, but will be jumping around like a goon if United win tonight. These lads are idiots and I don’t like to see these plastic supporters happy so it’s Chelsea, despite the loyalist links of some of their support, for me.

fair assesment , i saw some bunting for Manchester today in Donaghmede - that made up my mind for me - chelski all the way

blue is the colour & football is the game

I hate United and everything to do with them. I have the chance of totally avoiding the game tonight so I may well take it…

I think they are going to win though…

If Ballack is left out then they will definitely win…

heard an interesting fact on the radio earlier…didier drogba has scored in every cup final he has played in…

Hate Chelsea but think they’ll win it. Malouda with the winner 1-0

This isn’t a bad game. Awful first 15 or 20 minutes but it’s come into life. Tevez should have scored twice and Carrick missed a great chance too. Chelsea got out of jail at the end and no way they deserve to go in level but United’s midfield were sleeping for that goal - Carrick in particular. Scholes has to go and close the ball and Lampard is on his blind side but Carrick simply takes the lazy option of jogging across field to do absolutely nothing, similar to his efforts against Kaka last year at Old Trafford. A charlatan and a fraud of a player.

“It will either be a mistake or a piece of individual brilliance to win it tonight Bill.” How many fuckling times are we going to hear that from the RT panel tonight? There aren’t too many other options.

And as I type Ray has just come up with the same line. Parrots.