Manchester United vs Chelsea - Champions League Final

[quote=“Juhniallio”]GET IN THERE!!! What a night. Beautiful result. Fook Farmer and the rest of the blegrudgers. United were superb in the first half and should have been a couple up. Instead it was one all with the unluckiest, kick in the nads, goal ever. Chelsea were all over us in the second half, but our defending was immense. For all their possession they didn’t create many chances and shot from long range most of the time. Thought we were back in it more in extra time and was delighted to see Drogba sent off for being a wanker. Dunphy is up his hole if he was criticising Ronaldo. He had a fine game and scored a super goal. The penalties were nuts. Can’t believe Ronaldo missed. It was a poor, poor peno. Delighted that Terry missed. Couldn’t have planned it better. And Anelka looked freaked even before he missed. What a beautiful night!

Man Utd- BEST TEAM IN EUROPE. Fact.[/quote]

Juhy, for the record, Roy Keane missed the final last night because he doesn’t play for Manchester United anymore.

Like most of ye, I thought United should have been 2 or 3 up at half time but Chelsea completely controlled it from then on and could have won it before extra-time themselves.

I thought Ronaldo was good, not great, but some of the petulance he showed would severely piss me off if I was a team-mate. I also laughed, like Monkey Allen mentioned, when all the players ran to Van der Sar before Ronaldo realised it was all about him, and nobody else, and stopped abruptly to lie down by himself and wait for everyone to run back up and bow before him.

I don’t really have any complaints about Terry missing at the end though and it was terribly funny. The English media crucified William Gallas for his reaction to a setback against Birmingham earlier on this season so I wonder what they’ll make of a tough man like JT still blubbering his eyes out like a girl about 15 minutes after the game. Gallas is a ‘foreigner’ of course so they can criticise him for not being a man but JT will probably be commended for his bravery and passion. I actually thought Terry and Cashley were excellent throughout though.

Seeing as there’s a few stories doing the rounds - some clown in the pub we were in bought a bottle of champagne and started spraying it around Grand Prix styleeeee at the end. The group he was in were behind us for the game and the football was barely keeping their attention but they were mesmerised by the shoot-out though. One of our lads downed his pint in one go and blurted out, ‘If I stay any longer I’ll batter one of these cunts’ before barging his way out of there. We were there, ‘So you’re not staying for another one then, no?’

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]I am avoiding all types of media after this post such is my disgust…

Except to say Liverpool have 5 European Cups and 18 leagues

Thank you all…[/quote]

And Preston won the double not too long back too.

For me it is a source of enormous pleasure that Farmer will spend his day of media exile in United induced misery.

That’s two years in a row now that the CL winner has come from Celtic’s half of the draw. We’re certainly not getting any lucky breaks from the way the fixtures are coming out but it’s some consolation to know that we’re being edged out by the best.

I watched the game with 2 United fans, 2 Liverpool fans and a couple of funny Mexican lads. Few funny incidents during the game.

One of the Mexican lads leaned too far back in his chair when Drogba hit the post and fell back.

Then this hot Italian bird came down the stairs cos she couldn’t sleep with all our tomfoolery. The two United fans basically turned away from the football and proceeded to chat her up, ever so badly. One chat up line was: are you sure you don’t want to sit down, there’s a seat right here [gesturing to beside him]. Then she said she had to go back to the bed cos she was up early to get a bus. The boys got excited and asked what time her bus was. She said 7.30 and they punched the air triumphantly, high-fived each other and shouted “us too.” This soon turned to despair when they realised she was heading to China and them to southern Laos. Needless to say I ignored her and watched the football. The two lads were sound but hopelessly inept at chatting the poor beauty up.

When Anelka missed the penalty the 2 boys went nuts and this Lao guy woke up on the couch beside us. He’d been asleep all game but he woke up suddenly and went nuts cheering. The 2 boys picked him up and were flinging him up in the air as he shouted and celebrated. The dude didn’t even know who was playing.

Then I left.

Cartman has no sympaty for Terry, he’s loving it, sweet sweet tears.

If you look at the top left of the picture you can see on of those guys from the pre game show http://www.thefreekick.com/vbforum/images/icons/icon10.gif

Here’s Rio with a Booker T impression
http://www.news.com.au/common/imagedata/0,,6051789,00.jpg

And here’s Evra trying to bum Park

Will ya go awwwaaaay will ya Rocko!!!

Read this elsewhere and it sums up the season and last night perfectly:

Won the league

Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea trophyless, City owner goes bonkers

Won the Cl

50 years after Munich

Did it on pens, which, while not as good as winning it outright, is even better this time cos it meant Chelsea losing on pens

Drogba gets sent off

Terry misses penalty to win it

Kenyon goes up for loser’s medal

Bobby goes up for winner’s medal

Giggsy scores winning pen on night he becomes most capped player

Here’s a minute by minute report from the Guardian

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/may/21/championsleague.manchesterunited6

Funniest bit of it:

It is lashing rain in Moscow. Peter Kenyon and Avram Grant are soaked through - their suits are drenched, mainly with John Terry’s tears.

Couple of points on United - these may be construed as windup attempts but honestly they’re not.

First one, Giggs looks as if he’s never seen a football before. His confidence just looks completely shot and he should definitely retire.

Second one, Rooney and Tevez are beginning to remind me of Dirk Kuyt (in Europe anyway). They seem to be employed primarily as a first line of defence. Great to see that people are coming round to the idea that Rooney’s not that good and great to see him playing shite on the big stage again. I hope United sign Tevez for 20m and don’t get a top class striker. Suspect Huntelaar will be arriving though.

Will Fergie retire?

The second Huns riot after losing a final-

Five Police Hurt In Football Violence

Five police officers have been injured in the violence in London that followed Chelsea’s defeat in the Champions League final.

Twelve people were arrested when 400 Chelsea fans spilled out of pubs and gathered near Fulham Broadway Tube station.

They split into two groups and confronted police, who were forced to call in riot squad officers.

The hooligans hurled bottles and other missiles at police for around 30 minutes.

At one point thugs surrounded a bus in the area.

Sky’s Mark White said: "It involved around 400 Chelsea fans who had been drinking in the pubs around that area for a long time, from around 3pm.

“Police had numerous calls to reports of disorder, violence, GBH. But things really got ugly after the match ended.”

It was in direct contrast to the calm scenes among the 40,000 British fans who flew to Moscow to watch Manchester United beat Chelsea in a nail-biting penalty shootout.

A Russian police spokesman said: "Everything was calm, there were no big fights.

“The fans, both Russian and English, were followed by policemen to provided a stable and calm situation at night. No one was detained.”

A British embassy spokesman praised the Russian authorities’ handling of the event.

“The security and organisational facilities the Russians put in place have worked out fantastically,” he said.

“We’ve seen literally a handful of cases, none of which we class as serious. We’re not aware of any arrests.”

In one incident before the match witnessed by a Reuters photographer, a small group of Manchester United fans clashed with some local men. Bottles were hurled but no one was hurt.

Giggs is shot alright. No point in him carrying on, he’s not able for the top level anymore.

You must have got some thrill from the City owner going bonkers Flango.

And Bobby going up to get a winners medal?

Not my words Rock, posted it as is, I didnt alter it to suit my view. Sure he was a nutter before he even bought the club anyway.

City’s owner going bonkers versus City beating you twice in the league?

Yeah losing to them hurt alright ;). Winning the league sort of made up for it though.

They just keep on coming

[quote=“ClarkeyCat”]Couple of points on United - these may be construed as windup attempts but honestly they’re not.

First one, Giggs looks as if he’s never seen a football before. His confidence just looks completely shot and he should definitely retire.

Second one, Rooney and Tevez are beginning to remind me of Dirk Kuyt (in Europe anyway). They seem to be employed primarily as a first line of defence. Great to see that people are coming round to the idea that Rooney’s not that good and great to see him playing shite on the big stage again. I hope United sign Tevez for 20m and don’t get a top class striker. Suspect Huntelaar will be arriving though.

Will Fergie retire?[/quote]

Giggs is a legend but everyone can see he’s not the player he was. Delighted he broke the record and all that but I think most United fans think he should retire. His miss in extra time was hideous when you see how much goal he had to shoot at.

Your rooney and Tevez shit is just bollox. ‘First line of defence’? United scored way more goals than anyone in England this season, hardly the traits of a defensive side. They’ve 18 and 19 goals respectively for the season which is pretty respectable if not fantastic. Rooney was quiet last night and his touch was off but he still produced a couple of moments of magic that led to Tevez’s chances. He’s a superb player and if you watch Man U a bit you’ll see that.

We will be signing a striker no doubt, and I’d want one even if Saha wasn’t made of glass. I’d like to see that Manucho we signed in January given a go as I think he looks animal, but we’ll be picking up someone else too I’ll warrant.

Can’t see Fergie retiring yet, although when it happens it will be out of the blue. I just feel he thinks this squad has another European cup at least in it.