Manchester Utd 2023/24 (Part 1)

The Belgian kid on the wing for City last night is what a modern winger should look like, Doku. He’ll probably win Young Player of the Year.

Looks like a cracking player, Man City rarely get transfers wrong.

Re Man Utd transfers do you think that they’re just making poor choices or are they unable to attract the top talent anymore?

1 Like

They can attract top players (despite missing out on Nunez, Gakpo, Gravenberch etc) but there is often no coherent plan for how they fit in the team and many are of dubious character . Klopp’s 'no dickhead ’ recruitment rule should be deployed imo. In fairness to City, Alvarez, Doku, Gvardiol will backbone them for years.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer: Cristiano Ronaldo, Glazers and Manchester United sacking

Andy Mitten

Sep 20, 2023

https://archive.md/J8unL

1 Like

Bad choices I’d say Fran. That Doku lad was there all summer for anyone.

Interesting piece.

I do think the signing of ronaldo is an easy thing to point to but that loss to Liverpool, losing the cup 1/4 and the UEFA cup final in his final full season was where most people new he wasn’t a great manager.

This Doku lad is 21 and has a history of bad injuries. I’d say he is a bit of a gamble.

Tis like a sub coming on for the Limerick hurling team and they running riot all over the pitch.

It’s all a little bit easier.

3 Likes

City can afford to gamble.

It’s not a gamble like Liverpool signing a crocked Thiago on 300k a week in his late 20s.

Thiago was 70m cheaper than Casemiro. Hardly a gamble.

I thought casemiro was a free signing or a loan or somesuch?

60m GBP and 10m in addons

70m. 300k a week in wages. Was the greatest signing in Premier League history for a few weeks last year.

2 Likes

Saw him last night and he looked the nuts talent wise. Has to keep right though as you say.

I was reading there that the brighton squad cost 17 million, and that seven first team players were missing for the jaunt to old trafford.

Incorrect. They were given the weekend off to rest.

1 Like

Pep is bringing wingers back. Is there nothing he can’t do

1 Like

After destroying football he’s trying to roll it back