Manchester Utd 2023/24 (Part 1)

I’ll go with

Onana;

Wan-Bissaka, Maguire, Evans, Dalot;

McTominay, Eriksen, Bruno Fernandes;

Rashford, Garnacho, Hojlund

2 Likes

Giggs was absolutely unplayable for 10 years between 92 and 2002. He was phenomenal

3 Likes

We are getting beat tonight if that’s the team

Huge strong man as well indeed. Watched the sitdown thing with Neville and he was always excellent against United, the goals are all really imaginative and impudent. There’s a couple of beauties against Villa as well.

Paul Merson tells a story about joining Boro in Div 1 from Arsenal and getting £20,000 a week in 97’ when Bergkamp was on £10,000. He still got picked for the World Cup with England to his relief, was playing off the left a lot by then and that.

Was asked whether he regretted going, he replied iirc ‘yeah, missed the double but Wenger signed Pires 18 months later and he was better than me so I’d have been gone anyway’. Merson is out with the dates there a little, but just shows the esteem Pires was held in by a fellow pro and a top player.

1 Like

I think he was half fucked with the hamstring against Dortmund in 97 quarter or semi, came on second half and put 2 or 3 on a plate for Andy Cole, he missed them all and they were knocked out. He should have more output for his ability but it was a different era.

1 Like

He did a lot more than yoga off the field!

It was a a very weak league then. Giggs was bang average

2 Likes

You could have thrown Jason Wilcox in instead of him with the same result

3 Likes

I’m not a United fan, I won’t get wound up by your bollocks talk

Giggs didn’t do much in Europe

Did all sorts.

He preferred the local lassies

1 Like

At least McManaman did it for Madrid

2 Likes

Ryan Giggs played 145 games in the Champions league and had 74 goal involvements

That’s much by any standards for a winger… that’s very much

3 Likes

Flat track bullying, couldn’t do it against top sides, took Jesper to get them over the line in the end

1 Like

His on-pitch highlight was that goal against Arsenal. The average age of that Arsenal defence was 45 and it was in the 125th minute. Bang of Tony Daly off him. Bit of pace and trickery but no end product. Vastly vastly over rated.

1 Like

Seaman did an Onana as well and sat down in front of him

2 Likes

Cometh the two hours cometh the man

Gtfi

1 Like

Now so

1 Like