Manchester Utd 2023/24 (Part 1)

100% - and well he should

8 Likes

That’s an astute reading of the situation Fran. I found myself nodding in agreement.

5 Likes

That’s the long and short of it.

8 seasons in charge broke all their transfer records and has won the equivalent of what rannieri won at Leicester With a cup final win v spurs thrown in.

He said last summer he’d the best squad in the world.

5th in the league and humiliated in all the cups.

Hopefully he doesn’t leave or they might get a decent manager in.

Very hard to know but I expect to take one step back this season to take two steps forward next year and win the league 24/25.

It’s hard to believe that 1 step back will be accepted. When is the sale expected to go through?

1 Like

I don’t think the sale will go through.

Since ten hag has been appointed cavani, ronaldo, de gea, pogba and a few more high earners have left.

While none are really losses it isn’t easy to replace so many bodies.

They’ve gone ten years without a title challenge or reaching the semis of the UCL. Ten Hag must deliver

1 Like

They’ll do well. They’re about to spend €100m on some lad from the Italian league to bang a load of goals in.

This thread is fucking hilarious.

1 Like

Approaching 13 years this season since they most recently went beyond the last 8 in the Champions League.

2 Likes

That’s a fair point, the squad is fairly thin considering the amount of money he’s spent.

They’ve loads of winger / forward types (Sancho, Antony, Mount, Martial) who have a lot to prove next year. And there’s a serious hole in the middle of the field that useless fuckers like Fred, McTominay, Van de Beek won’t fill. Casemiro and Eriksen are now 31 and declining rapidly.

Its hard to see how he managed to spend all that money, where did it go?

This is their year

None of the figures are probably accurate I’d imagine.

I’d imagine all of Donny, Fred, mctominay and martial are for sale.

I expect Mainoo to be promoted and probably one midfielder signed.

Mount will be outstanding signing. I can’t get over the reaction to him. He will be excellent alongside cas and Bruno.

Its getting even more hilarious, Premiership and indeed Europe is running scared of the destructiom going to be wreaked by a midfield consisting of a lad dumped by Real, a lad dumped by Chelsea, and a lad who asks to be subbed when needed most.

Chelsea were desperate to keep mount.

Ah to be fair that genuinely maybe true, but I cant help feel they weren’t that desperate.
I’v no doubt he’l do reasonably well, I genuinely don’t see the midfield you outlined as being good enough to win the big prizes though. I fully accept Im biased.

Hard to argue with Gaby’s selection. Maybe Matty Cash can feel a little aggrieved

1 Like

I think Mount will be a very good player in a strong rotating squad but he won’t be the driving force. They still need to find the leader in that midfield

@Fran 7pm ‘look at all the money utd wasted on these players and their net spend…’
@Fran 8pm ‘where did all the money go?’