Manchester Utd 2023/24 (Part 1)

Bruno tries a bit, but the body language is horrendous.

It’s telling that two lads who ETH wanted out are playing well, Maguire and McTomminay. Two stereotypical limited but honest lads.

Ah he’s half arsed enough even with the trying. He can’t/won’t tackle and he’s a whiney cunt.

I agree he’s not captain material. But he can at least play. I honestly don’t know how a club can spend so much and produce a team with so many poor players.

City did it at the start when they bought everyone and anyone

Maybe at the very start yeah, but ETH has been at United a while now. I dont know, maybe I’m reading too much into yesterday but, they were hopeless. Created one chance per half (a Maguire header and Reguilon smashing it into the side-netting) but lost 3-0 to Bournemouth, at home. And it could, and I think should have been 4.

Thats fair. They shipped 4 at Brentford early on in his tenure too. You’d struggle to say they’ve improved since, but then again has any manager actually improved them. Nobody has done major surgery either. It’s just a bad bunch of characters. United are what they are at this stage. A poor side and the players will just consistently let down managers, its a long road back for them

2 Likes

The likes of rashford and Fernandes need to be shown the door. Until that happens United are at nothing

3 Likes

A real morale booster for all the Man U crew tonight.

Maybe play a few of them against Liverpool?

H Ladd sounds more like a Liverpool player

3 Likes

Ladd lad

1 Like

Malard is a game bird

9 Likes

The problem is they are paying lads so much they are very hard to move on because they’d have to take a pay cut

1 Like

Sancho prime example. They’ll take a shit on his fee and contract if he decides to sit out his contract. Nobody will touch that from a decent club

1 Like

https://twitter.com/david_ornstein/status/1734149195215306949?s=46&t=yRtB8lhW_RucCjdm3dqcBw

That’s a sad story all round really.
Quick question, if United agree a deal to sell him at Christmas, can he refuse to go, and wind down his contract?
I’d imagine someone could knock a tune out of him, but maybe he’s too far gone.

Presume he could. He has class skills but has never ever had the fight required.

Yep, absolutely. United would either then have to keep him or pay him off

Great talent, right call to bring him but it hasn’t worked out. I could see him going somewhere like Barca or Juve as a backup. He would probably do better in a posession based team. Maybe even Ange at Spurs.

Postecoglou only wants players who run and play. Martial doesn’t run. I think that was noted early in his Manchester United career, he was talented alright but was limited by being a naturally lazy sort whose movement wasn’t good either. So a double whammy as it were. He just didn’t have the instinct of when or where to run, which is a problem for a striker.

1 Like