Manchester Utd 2023/24 (Part 1)

Liverpool are the only team to raise a gallop against a state backed team with 115 charges of cheating

3 Likes

The pyjama boys haven’t seen a title challenge since the days the refs were in the pocket of Ferguson.

A Ten Hag fan boy calling a manager, who has won the lot, a shit manager. TFK at its best.

1 Like

And that there is the gist of it really. I can’t understand why we continue to engage with him on football matters

3 Likes

Fairly random list. Despite rating a lot of teams over two seasons he puts man united 08/09 in 12th conveniently leaving out the season before when they won the CL and PL. It’s like some goalpost mover on an internet forum made it to win an argument.

2 Likes

These fellas will do anything to cover up the fact Liverpool win nothing.

They’ll tell you all about the great manager and great players they have but no trophies unfortunately.

All bluster and deflection from Hag guiding the most expensive squad in world football to 8th place in the league and humiliating exits from the cups. The astute football men see what’s going on here.

City will break the wheel

I enjoy deciphering which parts are pure dreadful wind up and which parts are just clear evidence of his godawful childish stupidly. More and more I’m leaning to the latter.

2 Likes

Standard in England is at an all-time high for sure and has been gradually increasing since Sky got involved. They have raced away. The Brazil number ten plays for West Ham., Dragovic just turned down Bayern for Spurs and so on.

Globally, I think the game is in a bit of a slump though in some ways, particularly forward play. The likes of Italy, Brazil and the Dutch aren’t producing forwards like they used to.

The game seems to be full of one-paced inverted wide forwards, narrowing the pitch, forwards that mindlessly cut in on their strong foot every time and shoot wildly. For every Salah, Doku, Messi and Robben, we have to watch a lot of pitch narrowing time wasters.

Deep lying midfielders like Rodri and Modric are easily up to standard with the likes of Xavi and Redondo, but there are no real number tens any more, Ozil was probably the last one. Griezmann is hanging on. Nineties and noughties was full of slick, high class, hard knocking continental teams with elite 9 and 10 combos, one could name probably 30 or 40 of them, we’ve lost that really. Players with unique style and imagination.

The tens seem to now be the number eights, but I’d love to see the likes of Bernardo Silva be able to stay up the pitch more and conserve his energy for attacking. Gaelic Football is gone very similar now in this regard and has been for a long time.

Tactically, the likes of Pep, Klopp and now Ange have brought it too a new level. One night on MNF, Ange explained quite well why he inverts the full backs out of possession, basically showing how there was no real point in a fullback holding their position wide if the ball is on the other side of the pitch.

8 Likes

The all conquering Tottenham Hotspur double winning team of 1960/61, the first team to win the double in the 20th century only won one league.

It was a much more level playing field back then though. 7 different teams won the league in the 7 seasons from 1958/59 to 1964/65 and across 14 seasons from 1958/59 to 1971/72, there were 11 different league winners and no back to back league champions from Wolverhampton Wanderers in 1958/59 to Liverpool in 1976/77.

1 Like

https://x.com/theredmentv/status/1746244058412961868?s=46&t=hSGvLmSk-FqZqCQxN6TdEQ

Definitely Irish :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

@Little_Lord_Fauntleroy

So that’s where @croppy_boy disappeared to

2 Likes

I was about to post in footix thread tbf

1 Like

The butcher is back on the subs.

Eirksen starts in a three with Bruno and Kobe.

Think the season will finally start here today.

2 Likes

We go again.

12 Likes

Gtfi

1 Like

2024 is our year

1 Like