Manchester Utd 2023/24 (Part 1)

You’d feel for City, Liverpool, Arsenal and Villa. No one to make it hard on them at all really. Maybe Brighton, but after that? Who is there?

It’s phenomenal standard these days.

That’s a quality top 10 to be fair. All Europa League semi-finalists standard or higher. That Leicester team below in the Championship would probably finish 2nd in the French Ligue 1.

It is an incredible standard of football the past 10 years, don’t think anyone can deny that. The only discernible drop off was during the covid year when the majority of teams weren’t concerned about football.

The worst man United in 40 years is 8th.

Joke clubs like villa and West Ham involved.

The standard is awful.

I instinctively think Klopp is an unbelievable manager and that Liverpool have been class over the last few years but you definitely give me food for thought. Has any team in the history of soccer that only won one league ever been this highly rated? Is there an equivalent team who came up against a brilliant rival and more or less always lost out to them but are also rated as a great team?

Milan under Ancelotti only won the one league I think. They were also up against a team allegedly breaking countless rules (Juve).

1 Like

Milan under Sacchi only won one league.

2 Likes

Liverpool are a very strange football club.

Klopp was blessed to win one behind closed door league which doesn’t really count and win a European cup final v spurs.

I guess you take your luck when you get it.

Villa have one of the top 10 managers in the world and a World Cup winning goalkeeper to be fair.

1 Like

He was sacked at arsenal

Did he only win one European cup too? Has the undoubted second best team in their country (when they weren’t finishing behind an absolute laughing stock of a farce of a club every second year) ever been rated as great before?

He was only in place for five seasons wasnt he? It’s a decade of mediocrity for klopp

The Real Madrid of Ronaldo were the undoubted second best team in their country.

The Mayo team of the last decade won 0 All-Irelands but anybody who knows anything about the game knows they were a a great team.

The Forest of Clough were a great team. So too Spurs 1961 and Arsenal 1971 and the Leeds of Revie.

Liverpool are considered a great team because they reached the high 90s points wise three seasons out of four in the toughest league in the world against a financially doped opponent, won the European Cup and beat that financially doped opponent any time they met in cup competitions. Because they are a great team.

4 Likes

Nobody considers Liverpool a great team.

1 Like

Nobody takes what you say seriously.

4 Likes

If Liverpool had a proper manager the last five years they’d probably have won 3 leagues and 2 champions leagues.

A proper football club.

2 Likes

Liverpool 2018-20 Ranked 5th in this greatest British team of all-time list.

Confused Joe Biden GIF by CBS News