Manchester Utd 2023/24 (Part 1)

Great to see united putting on a burst all the same, Rory McIlroy’esque.

Not unlike Liverpool back in the day, next season will be the one

It’s terrible to see such defeatism from the Man U footix with over 3 months of the season still to go. How has it come to that?

Nasty post .

If you want be challenging for the league you’ve to be taking 6 from 6 v spurs basically.

There’s a reason why it’s known as three point lane.

Man City have often been beaten by Spurs but gone on to win the league title.

Ten hag has done a fine job over these first two seasons. Beaten everyone one At least once and nabbed a trophy while clearing out the squad and rebuilding the Général shape of the squad. Bagged a trophy and a decent run in two others cups.

When he took over everyone said it would years to fix man United and many said he wouldn’t be able to do it.
The fact he was basically on his own with a circus of glazers makes the job he’s done even better.

Next season though it’ll be shit or get off the pot. He’ll need to make serious progress and push for a title. I think three full seasons is a fair enough shot. I can’t really fault him for the first two but next season expectations will be different.

The Ratoath Inn hopes he stays forever

3 Likes

The squad still needs a bit of clearing out and strengthening. Who would you get rid of and who would you see as attainable targets to get in.

Maggie and lindelof should go. You pray malacia comes back and makes an impression. Id sign
A right footed centre back because Varane misses too many games. Maybe they’d look to keep Maguire and bring mengi back. Maguire could have a good euros and you’d get money for him then.

Midfield will be cas, Bruno, Kobe, mount, mctominay. Presume eirksen will leave. Need a young defensive midfielder anyway.

Rashford, garnacho, Anthony and I suspect Lacey will be the next lad to break in to the first team squad. Pellistri is off and Diallo getting no minutes.

Hojlund is the only striker with
Martial finally gone. Need to sign another striker. I’d love Ivan Toney but not sure.

Striker, centre back back and possibly a wide forward.

Ivan Toney, Michael olise and a centre back.

Maguire, martial, eirksen and lindelof all gone. Plus greenwood too.

1 Like

Would you take Greenwood back?

Nope I said at the time he shouldn’t play for the club again.

I do believe in seconds chances though and I’d hope he’s some sort of career and has learned from his mistakes. Seems him and his partner are
Enjoying Spain with their young family now as well.

Its a shit show and tbh,how they stayed together is baffling.
They both must have serious underlying issues with each other.It aint normal.

Correct. In each of Pep’s title winning seasons that he visited White Hart Lane in the league, Citeh lost without even scoring.

Paddy Footix isn’t too well versed in matters outside of his English franchise of choice.

1 Like

Don’t no the ins and outs of it tbh.

It’s easy forget for these local lads like greenwood, rashford and the likes there’s no escape for them. So when things go bad on the pitch it must be incredibly tough.

I cannot recall a player with the same level of power in both feet as he has.
I remember him being interviewed once and he wasn’t even sure himself of which was his strongest foot!
An awful,awful fuck up the whole thing was.
Thems the breaks

1 Like

Is Clayton that bad @flattythehurdler?

Clayton as in part of Manchester?

It’s where that Teden Mengi is from

Are they ever not clearing out and strengthening?

https://twitter.com/attackingfooty/status/1758057683796541491?s=46

Fellas months will be ruined here :joy::joy:

1 Like