Manchester Utd 2023/24 (Part 1)

He’d be a bit more exciting than this Spanish fella.

The finances dictate 100 to 150 million should be spent a season. Obviously figures vary with wages but given the cut in the wage bill and other obvious factors ten hag has not been backed like some posters Like to admit.

The reality is the glazers are penny pinching again.

Seems Southgate didn’t rule out picking greenwood again which seems most unusual to me.

How much did Mount, Onana and Hoijund cost? Must be the bones of 160 million or more, (more than what the “finances dictate”, as you say).

They recouped a bit this summer and would have done fairly well with wages too. Be closer to 100 than 150 which is always the trend post champions league qualification.

Ah they’re not. They’ve bought a £60 million midfielder, £75 million striker and the £50 million keeper.

A lot spent last year as well. He has indeed tidied up a lot, but there is enough spend for the team to be very competitive if the squad building is good enough.

If you’re signing lads in early to mid twenties, it is only normal the wage bill will go down as they are not established stars at the height of their career.

I think Martinez and Onana will be fine. Not sure about the rest. Team played well second half last week, style of play and tempo was good. ETH is an elite coach, but I’m not sure about his recruitment.

72K likes, 596 comments - alex.manley22 on August 24, 2023: "Can Ten Hag bring the good times back once more? 

#football #premierleague #manunited #mufc"

Were united in for Cucurella but gave up on him for Reguilon? Cucurella would have been some signing in a red shirt bombing down the left flank if they could get his confidence back and ETH could well have.

They were up until he played for Chelsea last night in the Carabao Cup. That appearance cup tied him also.

United wanted a clause in the deal to terminate the loan in January if they wish. The same clause will be in the Reguilon deal.

If United wanted to send Cucurella back to Chelsea in January, he wouldn’t have been eligible to be loaned out to another team. You can’t play for 3 teams in a season. Reguilon is the cheaper option too much allocates more funds to the Amrabat pursuit.

I think Spurs even tried Matt Doherty on left side on occasion as they couldn’t trust Reguilon. Lolzers

Think it’s only to tiny us over until malacia and shaw return.

They literally are.

They spend between 100-150 million pretty much every summer. That’s what the club makes. When you consider inflation in transfer fees post Covid and what they’ve gotten off their wage bill the idea he’s been incredibly well backed is nonsense.

Why did united botch Luke shaws surgery so badly?

It is a commercially successful football club. What the club make is neither here nor there. ETH has had the opportunity to pick who he wanted and it is clear the players he has gotten were ‘his men’. Manchester United are spending comparable sums to the likes of Man City, Arsenal, Newcaste and should be judged accordingly.

The Glazers have backed every manager since Ferguson. The reason why United are where they are is poor takent identification, where United bought a Maguire, Liverpool had identified Van Dijk and so on.

They are spending plenty. Hehas brought 7 or 8 players at this stage.

3 Likes

I’m not sure what you are talking about.

There is a claim ETH was incredibly well backed.

He’s from it in reality.

Considering he lost a 100 million player in greenwood it’s a downsizing operation by the glazers.

Greenwood played the same position, right side of a front 3 as Antony who he signed for £86 million.

4 Likes

again I’m not sure what you are trying to say.

Where Greenwood actually played 99% of his games for Manchester United, right side of the attack, he signed a player to replace him.

I’m talking about the finances of the club.

Since Jose they’ve made about 100-150 million available factoring in sales too.

Your 100-150 isn’t nearly the same now given in the inflation of transfers.

As per usual the trend post Champions league qualification is always to ease off too which is what we’ve seen this summer. A net of 120 million spent or so but a lot of higher earners moved on too.