Manchester Utd 2023/24 (Part 1)

He has done a great job moving those lads on, he handled the Ronaldo thing really well.

I think United are moving away from that model again of signing established stars. I don’t think we will see a Pogba or DiMaria type signing again.

I think Harry Kane was there to be got if they had gone after him, but they adjudged the deal too expensive and seemed to really want Mount.

The Goalkeeper was needed. To me, I don’t understand the signing of Mount as I would see him as too similar to Bruno. I thought he would go for a more conservative, ball carrier/ retention type like a Frenkie or Kovacic as that would complement Bruno. He must feel he can adapt Mount. However, Bruno is never injured and I could see Mount ending up playing wide.

I think he chose Mount and the young Danish striker over Kane. He must think the Danish kid is special. I think its a big gamble but he’ll win big if he is right.

That maybe all true and there is a switch in policy I’d say hojlund is the type of lad they are trying to identify. Essentially what fergie used to do. Sign stars before they were stars like Rooney and ronaldo.

Still do the biggest hinderance will be the glazernomics.

1 Like
1 Like

3 Likes

Could they spend another 100 million, yeah, and it might put them over the top, I imagine the relative strength of City is inclining them to wait as well. Like, United could spend bigger, sign fantastic players and still be 7 to 10 points off City under Pep. They are possibly waiting for the post Guardiola era to really go big again.

Keeping those lads as assets on the balance sheet was a disaster alright.

Looking at Bellingham, he seems to have possibly been a game changer that has gotten away.

It normally only takes one player and he does look a gift from the gods.

1 Like

They didnt sign him because his people realised united was a shit show and he’s be better off developing at Brighton.

Simps

1 Like

Lazio. I just knew it would be Lazio. Even when I said it was going to be the Saudis, I always knew.

Nazio.

3 Likes

Is Frenkie De Jong signing today. Those hotshot lawyers that they sent over to close the deal last summer must be close to a breakthrough now.

1 Like

I think its time to let Frenkie go. A lost love that might have been.

Shambolic.

Is Matt related to Eoin?

I don’t think so.

1 Like