Marian Finucane's South Dublin Coffee Morning - Official Thread

Marion was a lickspittle.

3 Likes
3 Likes

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thejournal.ie/marian-finucane-defends-six-figure-rte-salary-280190-Nov2011/%3Famp=1
Over 500k she was on in 2009 and the country on its knees .

Her show got about 300k in in sponsorship, not to mention advertising revenue on top of it.

RIP.

1 Like

These lads just wouldnt get it.

Fellas want to cut you down now before your body is even gone cold, what the fuck is wrong with us?

I knew as soon as her death was announced that there would be INTERNET posters making quips about how this is going to save RTÉ loads of money when in reality it won’t save much at all. Nobody else will get a sponsor for that much for a weekend show. Brendan O’Connor, for example, would do well to pull in 75-100k

R.I.P

None of that excuses her servile , lickspittle stance.

RIP.

I loved the bit where she read lyrics of different musical artists

My favourite ones where when she read “I Am The Resurrection” by The Stone Roses and “Fuck The Police” by NWA

1 Like

A what’s app group I am in witnessed one such crass remark. I’m ashamed to say a moderator of note is also a member of the same group but a code of ethics within our group prevents me from specifically naming or linking the moderator with the remark. Ill timed and in poor taste. May she Rest In Peace

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/TomLyonsBiz/status/1212820611367677953

From an Irish Times article about the Late Late Show:

In March 1971, before the abolition of the marriage bar in the civil service and the introduction of equal pay, the show featured representatives of the newly-formed Irish Women’s Liberation Movement.

It provoked a strong response, negative and positive, and greatly increased the movement’s membership.

"At one stage, Byrne handed over the presentation of the show to Marian Finucane, later to become a prominent broadcaster, and the discussion continued on feminism.

The “contraceptive train’’, when a group of women brought bags of contraceptives from Belfast to Dublin by train, as a protest against Ireland’s strict anti-contraceptive laws, was featured on the programme."

1 Like

She loved the fags

Easy target now

1 Like

:grinning:

Was there anything in all of these eulogies about her getting one of the Mespil Flats

1 Like

What was that scandal again? Apartments sold off cheaply to the illuminati before resale or something?

Sold off cheaply to the “Golden Circle”

By whom?