Married Life

My wife went out last night to a work do and left me at home with the kids. She came back hammered after drinking some Vodka shots. In my innocent way I think that gives me credits for the next time I go out, but it won’t work out like that.

its the girls night out that i favour to be honest, herself comes home particulary friskey and thats never a bad thing and something worth staying half awake for!

[quote=“Bandage”]I guess it’s down to them having responsibilities to people other than themselves now.

I see it with my brother-in-law who would previously have been the type to get ridiculously messy when out on a session.

Nowadays, the rest of us will be hitting the shorts and shots after a feed of pints and he’ll stay sipping on a pint and just ease off.

It’s generally because it’s his turn to get up when the kid wakes early on Saturday/Sunday morning or he has to be up early to collect a table for the kitchen or other boring but practical stuff that comes with married territory!

It’s pretty funny recalling when I was about 14 or 15 my older sister arriving home absolutely pissed after nights out and now she drinks about 2 bottles of Coors Lite over the course of a whole night out and spends the rest of the time watching my brother-in-law and telling him he’s drinking too much, too quickly and it’s not on because he has to fix the garage door in the morning or something.

And so on and so on - poor bastards![/quote]

ha! :smiley:

The girlfriend tried that shit about giving up hurling and not wearing a helmet when we started going out but soon realised that she was barking up the wrong tree. To be honest I think i’ll go off my head when I have to pack in the sport full time.

There are no real rules in the relationship and I can go out whenever I want with the lads (within some reason) while she prefers to sit in. If we ever move in together I can see that changing to a certain degree however. She has no real interest in coming out with when I go with the lads which is perfect. Jugs is bang on the money regarding a couple going out with a group of lads.

I’d go off my head if I had to ask for permission to do anything at this stage in my life.

I’ve gone out with a girl who was a control freak and one who was very laissez-faire. The latter was a breath of fresh air - could do what I wanted when I wanted. Probably helped that we lived in different counties but even when I was home for the weekend, she’d tell me to head out with the lads if I wanted. Actually, maybe she just didn’t like me.

The more I think about it though, the more I think that I probably won’t get married. Things change, people change. What’s the point? Tax breaks? Marriage and kids scare the shit out of me right now. I’m too selfish, too irresponsible and just want to have the craic. Fook it.

Another thing that would have me running a mile is the girl who sits at home if you’re out and has a sob to herself. That’s just not right. If they can’t do without you for a few hours, there’s something wrong with someone who’s not happy in their own company now and then. I’ve seen the fcuking thing happen. Unbelieveable scenes, bloke goes out, comes home to find girlfriend sobbing just because she’s been left alone for a while…

Bag of oranges.

Doesn’t leave a bruise.

After I got married yer one turned into a proper control freak,whinging and moaning if I had the temerity to go for a pint.Before we got hitched she was a bigger pisscan than me,why it all changed when a bit of paper was signed I have no fookin clue.

The whole shebang lasted 9 months before i thought fuck this for a lark.

I very much mean to pry Manus - do you have any contact with her these days or is she completely out of your life now you’re banging a series of Lancashire based nurses?

Indeed - very laissez-faire.

I do see her on the odd occasion Bandage and i always greet her with the same question.

“Is your mam dead yet?”

It goes down a storm.

[quote=“manusboyle”]I do see her on the odd occasion Bandage and i always greet her with the same question.

“Is your mam dead yet?”

It goes down a storm.[/quote]

Donegal charm at its best.

I thank you.

[quote=“manusboyle”]I do see her on the odd occasion Bandage and i always greet her with the same question.

“Is your mam dead yet?”

It goes down a storm.[/quote]

:smiley:

Christ
What kind of wimin did ye marry?

Sad sad sad.

Something tells me yer all losers

Went out with a control freak too once. She was grand for the first month or two but eventually she caught what my friends refer to “as the badger gene”. Always wanted to know where I was, who I was with it etc etc.

Typical conversation.

Me; Might go out with the lads tonight (Translated I’m going getting pissed with the lads tonight, you stay at home.)

Her; Oh, where are ye heading? Might head in with the girls later myself (I had no notion of going out before I heard this but you’re not allowed have any fun if you’re with me)

Me; Oh dunno yet but I’ll text ya later when I know (I’m going to text you a different location when I’m pissed so I don’t have a nag in my ear all night, else the dodgy battery in my phone is not going to work)

my tuppence worth. there are some fellas that are just as possessive as ne old doll. one of my best friends and his wife are both of the same elk and have a very happy marriage. if one partner is possessive and the other is not then relationship is doomed. nothing worse that a possessive old doll imho.

You’ve only just figured this out?

surely that belongs in the lovely ladies thread :slight_smile: