Martin O'Neill and Roy Keane Backers

Tank is on the bag. Its the only loigical explanation. Quality ranting all the same

I agree entirely, that’s my point in fact. That’s the “sporting” culture but even the drinking now is pretentious instagrammed, look-at-me wank

:clap:

Oireland are playing soccer for 100 years and can’t actually play the game. Any Scottish league one players have grannies from belmullet? Shoes off, for the boys in green

1 Like

Tough week for Eire soccer types. First the rejection of a native cockney from bottom of the table West Ham not prepared to play for them. Now this.

1 Like

I’ll say this for the boys in green: when I go to Japan or Korea or Russia or Argentina, and I do go to these places, the folks there have heard of Roy Keane and Robbie Keane and we talk about them and we bond. The BIG are the impression they have of Ireland. Not a single one of those people have ever heard of Brian O’Driscoll and I pray to God that they’d never will.

2 Likes

The twitter reaction was ‘a hee-err if he doesnt wanna play for us just cos England might want him he can fook off’

Well over 50% of players who represented the Republic of Ireland (no such country) in the world cup would burn their caps if england winked their direction

2 Likes

Do you tell them stories of nuns getting punctures?

They know players who played for man united and liverpool. Go back in five years and see who they know.

1 Like

Honestly I find that serious football fans around the world know who those lads are. They all know Conor McGregor also. In Asia they’d basically know nothing else about us and confuse us with Iceland.

1 Like

A lot of oirish getting irate tonight after the taffs telling us “ you’re just a shite Northern Ireland “

1 Like

And if you went to bulgaria no doubt you’d mention stoichkov. Fans will recognise one or two names from a world cup team and mention it out of politeness.

McGregor is a well known national embarrassment alright.

The Eire boys are meltdown

Well obviously they’re not talking to me about Calum O’Dowda

1 Like

I have no idea who that is. Seriously.

with the nigerian granny rule in play

All our medallists from this summer were born in Ireland and grew up here.

The best of them all has no African lineage.

1 Like

You wouldn’t recognise his Hair.

:joy:

1 Like

there could be a renewed interest in the sport allright if we have a few more big black arses bobbing up and down at start of the womens 100m in the future - whatever needs to be done to get a few medals and the interest back - no issue with that and if its Abooga o 'Reilly - Nwakaeme from Kinnegad winning it then so be it and ah fuck it we’ll all be cheering her on like the dopes that we are cc @Tank

1 Like

we that is a huge problem with soccer in ireland and hence the narrative why rhys grego cox from hackney playing for woking is considered the future and starts up front for the 21s and yet we have Bohs playing Midtylland in a qualifier for the UEFA youth CL next week and no one gives a toss
with a fucking gun to his head king decided to pick jamie mcgrath for the 21s last week, but this is not the done thing and ye should listen to karl shepphard the other nite on this

the barstool crowd here in their heads have any level in england to be a success with league 1 the holy grail.
the FAI whilst somewhat cuplable for this is refusng to finance the local leagues (ok they cite aviva debt) but the bottom line here is in this country little johnny englishman dosent want to pay to watch football or care about any team , even in europe dundalk in 2016, FFS they could only get 6k in Tallaght for 3 games, they should have been in aviva and selling 30k - for gods sake this is the highest quality of football you will see in this country, but no, people didnt go and were indifferent, as united feyenoord were on

i would have loved them to draw man yoo or celtic and see the cunts all lined up in their little scarves,
people get very embarrassed when you talk to them about it,
but the again, LOI fans can be awful defensive as well, there was shit on here with lads wanting CCFC to loose in europe, yes i know caulfield is a spastic but FFS lads we need this for ranking points… also you can watch liverpool and still support football here, every united, whatever fan isnt a fucking criminal

its not the FAI’s fault lads but the LOI is a mess
im hoping a third div with clubs in kerry / mayo / etc will help get people more involved
at the moment its a group in dublin who in fairness are very fucking parochial and not exactly engaging to new fans (rovers are getting better) - derry , dundalk and sligo with a bit of interest in waterford
junior soccer is massive we know
look at cobh some of the best intermediate players there and probably with rovers now best underage in the country, how many go to watch ramblers play LOI? 200, horrible

8 Likes

It something I dont get either, the complete apathy to local soccer in Ireland. A huge number play local league sunday morning stuff, but have no interest at all in the full time leagues. Wexford youths struggled to beat North End in the cup a couple of years back, beating them after ET and penalties with North end having had 2 men sent off too. Just emphasised the quality of the higher leagues is barely better than the local leagues. It’s sad really, and I dont know if there is any solution to it. pumping money at it wont solve it, but maybe if players were encouraged to stay rather than head to a shitty lower league in England, if they got their international chances by staying here, it would help the profile and help players to stay.

2 Likes