Matchday 4 - versus WTS

@Rocko[/USER], @[USER=123]Monkey Allen[/USER], @[USER=4]Cesc4[/USER], @Javi, @[USER=44]spud Beag - can one of you provide a brief match report / summary of tonight’s incredible victory?

I’ve tried to but I’m unable to find the words to describe such outstanding acts of heroism in the face of adversity.

#prayforjavi

I’ll leave the match report to Spud Beag who will surely be replaying this 90 minutes over and over in his mind. I can’t do justice to that. Heaney would struggle to find the majestic adjectives required to describe the poetic beauty of out goals and the prosaic stoicism of our defending.

Still glowing in the aftermath of last night’s magnificent victory with 5-men.

I’m not even bothered by my dislocated middle finger.

Congrats to @Rocko[/USER] for his heroic leadership/non-OG goals and @[USER=123]Monkey Allen for his incredible scoring record. Winning with 5 men is good going. Having 3 of the top 5 league top scorers is greatness. Your week 9 meeting with Land Rovers is going to be fucking epic.

We drew again last night. My goalkeeping is improving. From conceding double digits the first night we drew 3-3 last night and no howler moments [that resulted in goals]. We have a good structure in place now tactics wise and I really think that going by the results so far we have played 3 of the better teams in our league and that a win is not far away. In fact, we should have won last night and with a bit more poise and fitness we would have won last week. We are unrecognisable compared to the first night rabble now. We’ll get better as the league progresses and could push for a playoff place.

@Bandage I feel your goalkeeping pain. The knuckle on my right hand little finger is pretty sore after one of my majestic leaping saves last night. I can’t wait until my customised Adidas gloves arrive with cutting edge Fingersave™ technology. I decided against the tracksuit. I may get some shorts with some hip padding though. Those pitches are rigid.

[quote=“cluaindiuic, post: 844507, member: 258”]Congrats to @Rocko[/USER] for his heroic leadership/non-OG goals and @[USER=123]Monkey Allen for his incredible scoring record. Winning with 5 men is good going. Having 3 of the top 5 league top scorers is greatness. Your week 9 meeting with Land Rovers is going to be fucking epic.

We drew again last night. My goalkeeping is improving. From conceding double digits the first night we drew 3-3 last night and no howler moments [that resulted in goals]. We have a good structure in place now tactics wise and I really think that going by the results so far we have played 3 of the better teams in our league and that a win is not far away. In fact, we should have won last night and with a bit more poise and fitness we would have won last week. We are unrecognisable compared to the first night rabble now. We’ll get better as the league progresses and could push for a playoff place.

@Bandage I feel your goalkeeping pain. The knuckle on my right hand little finger is pretty sore after one of my majestic leaping saves last night. I can’t wait until my customised Adidas gloves arrive with cutting edge Fingersave™ technology. I decided against the tracksuit. I may get some shorts with some hip padding though. Those pitches are rigid.[/quote]

Strap your fingers and wrists, you will sprain fingers regardless of the gloves.

Do you use the same wraps as boxers?

No, I have wraps for boxing and they are too long and heavy.

Some adhesive bandage for your wrists along with some insulationg tape.

I have been using the below recently and to works great

http://www.sellesmedical.co.uk/product_images/0002/7265/tensoplast_elastic_adhesive_bandage.jpg

I have started using this stuff to strap my ankles. Around £2.50 a roll and would be fine for your wrists as well.

for digits I only strap my left middle finger as it is fucked and I can’t bend it straight and i am sick of spraining it. Can’t think of the technical name for it but any Boots or Tesco’s would have it

@chewy louie, talk me through your finger strapping tactics. Do you strap the middle and fourth fingers together leaving the index finger free or adopt a completely different methodology?

A completely different methodology. I just strap the middle finger indepenedantly. I do it so it doesn’t bend back and sprain as it is prone to doing to. I tape all the way around the finger underneath the joint and then above the joint (like two rings) then I tape the left hand side of the finger in an X like fashion and do the same on the right. Before doing two more rings like before above and below the joint