Matters regarding Limerick, Limerick Pubs, No Culture allowed

Whatā€™s the story with the camel wandering around Limerick lads? Is it the scouting party for a Muslim invasion?

Sourcing herb.

Happens often with the circus in town, free publicity.

The circus is out in Castletroy this week in the car park in between McDonalds and the Odeon. Thatā€™s pretty much it. Itā€™s bang where the circus is, heā€™s not walking loose about the city centre.

2 Likes

The White House has all sorts of quirky shit on during the week. I think Wednesday is poetry night for example.

1 Like

It wouldnā€™t take long for a sulky to strapped to him if he was.

3 Likes

@Bandage
Enjoy the weekend buddy.

1 Like

Hey Pal try Mickey martins . You might not get live music but a DJ will play some deep house while you and your companion play a lovely game of Jenga or Chess. Now that is a great relaxing evening.

2 Likes

Many thanks, pal.

@ChocolateMice, please provide suggested itinerary.

We wonā€™t arrive until early tomorrow afternoon so Saturday morning market is out of the question. You mentioned King Johnā€™s Castle for a wander? We wonā€™t be having dinner until I return from the hurling so could you also recommend somewhere to have a tea and a raspberry scone at around 4pm? Maybe thereā€™s a little cafe in the castle?!

Overall Iā€™m really looking forward to relaxing in Limerick - such a peaceful and idyllic setting. Anything worth checking out on Sunday before we return to a tense Dublin?

Be back to you in a bit pal, just flying into UCC (college) for a bit.

1 Like

The savoy does afternoon tea Bandage.

But if you want a nice sandwich to keep you going Papaz is the spot. Not too far from you there.

The market is also open on a Sunday but in a much reduced form.

Head to Tom Collins and the white house for post dinner pints, nice traditional looking places.

If you want something a bit new and shiny head to the Red Hen.

If you want late drinks let us know and weā€™ll give you a steer.

1 Like

If I may ,Untill CM gets back to you.

Unless you have kids give the ould castle a miss. If you do go there there is a cafƩ in there that you wil get a bit to ate.

The Museum on Pery square is OK to grab a quick and relatively cheap bit to eat, No fee to enter,
The Pery Square hotel for a few G&Tā€™s.
Walk down to the Savoy for Aternoon Tea. Only if you have ā‚¬80 to throw away and if you want to impress the missus. Head out to the match from there.
Tom Collins pub is daycent afterwards but if you want a GAA crowd head to Patsy Nicholasā€™s

On Sunday lunch in the Curragower before you head back.

1 Like

you were doing good until you hit the curragower. No chance of having the sunday league games on tv there

@bandage Just to give you a heads up pal. Tomorrow is expected to be a bit of a washout. Bring your brolly.

1 Like

Yet you all said Frank McCourt was lying.

1 Like

Donā€™t go to the castle its crap and you might get mugged if you go the wrong way coming out of the place.

I was being kind to @bandage. After the beating Wexford will get Saturday night he wonā€™t have the stomach for hurling for a few weeks.

2 Likes

The hunt museum has a cafe down stairsā€¦ Thereā€™s a cafe on the opposite side of the bridge from the castle called Jack Mondaysā€¦ Looks nice but Iā€™ve never beenā€¦the Curragower is also a stones throw from there and they usually have nice desserts on the menu and you can sit out in the heated area taking in the broad majestic Shannonā€¦ The last thing you probably want to do is drive but I suppose but you could shoot off the motor way on the way down and stop off in Kilaloe, they have some lovely little cafes and cake shops and itā€™s a lovely scenic town about 20 mins outside Limerickā€¦ More to follow.

I second Jack Mondays, just across the bridge.

The sell that coffee that passes through some cat. 85 Euros a cup or something like that.

Youā€™re going ateing the dinner very late @Bandage. By the time you are out of the Gaelic Grounds, make your way to a nice restaurant in town, sit down and order it will be the guts of 10pm before youā€™re shovelling grub down your throat.

Anyway, do you need restaurant options or have you that nailed down? Presume you have a table booked with the night thatā€™s in it. What sort of after dinner pub are you looking for? Stay away from that cunt of a spot Nancy Blakes which is popular amongst jumped up pricks who know no better. Mickey Martins is nice but itā€™s small, you may struggle for a table on Saturday night but you could be lucky. Tom Collins is good if you are into nice Guinness but place is tiny and you will be standing and it will be busy. The Flannerys bars are decent, all will be busy. Iā€™d recommend Myles Breens for you and your life partner.

3 Likes